3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I’m ashamed to ask this, but new pcv valve will not screw into the oil filler neck

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2020, 03:46 PM
Stone Norton
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I’m ashamed to ask this, but new pcv valve will not screw into the oil filler neck

It’s a 4.7 engine, I took the old one out then tried to put the new one in and it just wouldn’t go, eventually it started bending where the two pieces go together and then anytime I tried to screw it on it just bent, I’ve done a million of these but this one just wouldn’t go, I put the old one back in went in perfectly fine, however it is the stock pcv valve on a 2002 so I want to change it, it appears to actually still be good but even so, but I have no idea what to do I guess go buy another pcv valve since my new one is toast since it decided to bend

Old 12-14-2020, 04:20 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Wonder if you get the wrong one..... (wrong part in right box) In reality, you really wanna get your PCV valve from the dealer anyway. They are actually the correct flow rate. The aftermarket guys aren't always accurate. Some aren't even close.

Old 12-14-2020, 04:26 PM
Stone Norton
Amateur

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Wonder if you get the wrong one..... (wrong part in right box) In reality, you really wanna get your PCV valve from the dealer anyway. They are actually the correct flow rate. The aftermarket guys aren't always accurate. Some aren't even close.
I didn’t know I could even get parts like that from a dealer on a 2002 lol I’ve never had any work or anything done at a dealer, or even purchased a vehicle from one, but the stock pcv valve still rattled, I’m assuming that it’s good enough to last a little while longer while I track down a high quality one, I wonder if I can find one online. Thank you for your help

they looked like the same thing except the tabs that stick out to catch the “threads” to screw into, the stock one had one but it looked like it had two at some point and broke off but the new one had two, after some frustration I decided to break the top tab off the new one to make them match, it did not help

Old 12-14-2020, 04:27 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Get the mopar part number, and then search on that. Should be able to find 'em fairly easily.

Old 12-14-2020, 04:48 PM
Stone Norton
Amateur

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Get the mopar part number, and then search on that. Should be able to find 'em fairly easily.
yeah I found it on rock auto orielys can get it but they said they weren’t sure when, I need a new coolant reservoir anyway mines leaking by the sleeve on the top I believe I havnt actually seen it leaking but it’s always wet right there. And I need some lug studs because tire shop broke some of mine, so it worked out good really I can order more then one thing and save on shipping

Quick Reply: I’m ashamed to ask this, but new pcv valve will not screw into the oil filler neck