3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

coolant everywhere

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2021, 08:36 PM
RockyDon
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default coolant everywhere

i went for a ride in my truck everything sounds good but when i got home i discovered coolant was everywhere it didn’t over heat or nothing but it was everywhere and there’s no bust or anything in the line that i can see i can’t find nothing at all anyone have any idea? it’s more on the driver side too

Old 05-31-2021, 10:41 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

Sounds like you have a leak somewhere. Is the coolant cap on tight? You've got to find the issue before you go driving it again. They rent pressure testers at the auto part stores. You pump it up to the max PSI on the cap and wait for the leak to show itself, without having to deal with heat, noise and moving parts.

The following users liked this post:
RockyDon (06-01-2021)
Old 06-01-2021, 02:55 AM
RockyDon
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dodgevity
Sounds like you have a leak somewhere. Is the coolant cap on tight? You've got to find the issue before you go driving it again. They rent pressure testers at the auto part stores. You pump it up to the max PSI on the cap and wait for the leak to show itself, without having to deal with heat, noise and moving parts.
yeah i’ll do that, i’m thinking it is the water pump because there is no signs of damage in the lines

Old 06-01-2021, 07:28 AM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

The water pump is designed to leak prior to full failure of the seals. Definitely could be your water pump, but you would likely have noticed puddles and low coolant levels prior to blown seals.
Be sure to dry off the engine bay and refill the radiator with coolant (or water) prior to pressurizing the system. Don't go above 16 PSI.
Whatever you find, this is a good time to refresh the cooling system with new coolant, hoses, and thermostat.

Quick Reply: coolant everywhere