3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Spray in bed-liners

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 04:01 PM
stump_breaker
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spray in bed-liners

Never had a problem with by drop in's as long as they are screwed to the bed and don't block the drain holes. I had a bed mat in a work truck. That sucked.

As far as the hazard disposal fee, I wouldn't be surprised. I work HAZMAT and companies are held to different standards that the private sector. You pay to dispose of tires, oil, batteries and etc so I would say yes to the spray on liner.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:30 PM
mikebol
Veteran

I have Line-X and really like it.

Whatever you get, remember you could always put your drop in on top of it. You'd have the best of both then. :-)

Old 12-28-2005, 11:49 PM
bmxox
Professional

ORIGINAL: iengle

just for reference, what pricetag was on either of the spray-in bedliners?
I was just quoted $500 for a rhino spray in with over the rail spray as well which im pretty sure is extra. mine came with a drop in which I'll probably be replacing this summer for a spray in but only in the bed, not over the rails.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:11 PM
mikahb
Rookie

I've been shopping around - but haven't put one in yet. Around here, both Rhino and Line-X are exactly the same price. $399 under the rail and $79 to do the rails too. I went to both shops (they're actually about a block from each other) and told them to convince me to get theirs, not the other guys. The Line-X guys did a pretty good job. The Rhino guy said they're changing their shop over from Rhino to SuperLiner because they had been reworking too many Rhino installs.

In the end, probably depends mostly on how you'll use it. Rhino looks nice, is softer, and has more grip to it. Line-X is harder, rougher, but more slick, and conforms better to the countours of your bed. The reason I'm going with Line-X is that I often haul dirt/rocks/metal parts. in my bed, and I know from experience that a shovel will gouge Rhino pretty badly if you're not careful (which, I'm not). I'll deal with the slickness and hardness of the Line-X to get the durability, but that's just me.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:21 PM
MY D8ONA

I do not use the bed of the truck very often to be honest. I want something that looks good and will not fade. I do not like the drop in. I am also concerned about the permanant factors of the spray in. I can always remove the drop in and have the original bed. I'm not sure what to do.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:22 PM
mikebol
Veteran

Same here. I use mine for hauling dirt, gravel and mulch a few times each summer with several loads to freshen up the landscaping. I always hand shovel all of it out too and I haven't put a nick in the LineX yet.

Happy Holidays,

Mike

Old 12-29-2005, 11:36 PM
pluguglyinhere

I had both now and would agree that it is basically personal preference. I would say that the line x is harder than the Rhino. That does not mean that one is stronger than the other. I had no problems with scratches or rips in either doing the same work with both, as far as in the bedliner goes. The Rhino feels more like a linoleum where the line x was more like a sandpaper. I had more trouble with the linex and my cargo getting scratched. I can lay a nice piece of wood or furniture in my now Rhino and not have it scracthed when I pull it out. The line x would scratch this kinda stuff. Both materials seem to hold up real well, have good warraties, and things do not move around on them. I will also second that a bad installer can make either a bad deal. I love the rocker panel spray, had it on my last truck, but couldnt get a good match for this one.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:58 PM
silvernightmare
Veteran

I live in Phoenix and I went through a company called Inyati spray in bedliners. I have no complaints with the bedliner looks, good and gets the job done. It also come with lifetime warrenty that is transferable.

Old 12-30-2005, 01:19 PM
mikahb
Rookie

If you don't use the bed that often, then to me the right choice is probably going to be the Rhino liner. It's a little softer, less slick, and (like someone mentioned above) it won't damage furniture/etc. that you might want to haul now and again.

As far as being able to remove it - you're right, but I can't think of any reason that you'd ever want to remove it.

Old 12-30-2005, 07:13 PM
JoeKramer
Rookie

I had the Line-X and I really liked it. The one thing that I think that makes the Line-X better than the Rino is that Line-X has to be sprayed on it had to be heated, where the Rino does not. Makes me think that the Line-X might be a tougher chemical.

Line-X pros/cons I have experienced:

Pro- 2100 lbs of brick on a pallet was put in my truck with the forklift. They then pulled the forks out and used em to shove the load farther back into the truck another foot. When I removed the bricks and pallet there was a 8" gouge that went down into the paint. The Line-X material was 3/8" thick there! This was an extreme bit of damage. Line-X dealer fixed the paint and then the Line-X gouge for free.

Con- When it sprayed in it was beautiful, but after 3 months the areas exposed to sunlight had dulled to a flat black look.

I am thinking of trying the Rino Linner in my new truck (just to try it).

Quick Reply: Spray in bed-liners