3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Spray in bed-liners

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 03:48 PM
MY D8ONA
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Spray in bed-liners

I just pulled my drop in liner. What a mess. It has damaged my brand new bed. Rub marks in the paint everywhere. Completely trashed the bed paint. This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE DROP IN BED LINERS!

Old 01-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that you've removed the drop in, you understand why so many have gone to the spray in. It really does suck when you find out this way. I had mine sprayed before I ever took delivery of it. In fact, due to the fact that I live in the salt ridden winters, I'm going to have the lower parts below the doors and wheel wells sprayed because of rock chipping, which ends up being body cancer, and I don't much care for mud flaps. The guy that is going to do the work quoted me between $500 & $600 to do the work, and this is bumper to bumper, color matched, with warranty.
ORIGINAL: MY D8ONA

I just pulled my drop in liner. What a mess. It has damaged my brand new bed. Rub marks in the paint everywhere. Completely trashed the bed paint. This sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! DO NOT USE DROP IN BED LINERS!

Old 01-02-2006, 10:20 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

I like my Line-x, and I had a bit more than the bed sprayed with the stuff. . . check out the my gallery for details.
That's a great idea and looks great as well. I'm interested in doing the same thing. How much damage in the pocket did that cause you??

I have Line-X in my 02 bed and still looks great. I bought the 02 used and was told by a local Line-X rep that the lifetime warranty will not carry over to the new owner. That sucks big time!! I'm sure Rhino has the same policy though, not sure.

I am interested in the price to spray line-x on the body though! Let me know.

Old 01-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Gone Fishin

Now that you've removed the drop in, you understand why so many have gone to the spray in. It really does suck when you find out this way. I had mine sprayed before I ever took delivery of it. In fact, due to the fact that I live in the salt ridden winters, I'm going to have the lower parts below the doors and wheel wells sprayed because of rock chipping, which ends up being body cancer, and I don't much care for mud flaps. The guy that is going to do the work quoted me between $500-$600 to do the work, and this is bumper to bumper, color matched, with warranty.

Old 01-31-2006, 04:21 AM
NMMI89
Amateur

I just got my line-x bedliner done today and I am one happy camper. The guys at line-x were top notch. I work for an airline that specializes in great customer service so I know what to look for....and believe me I found it. The guys at my line-x place were really nice and knowledgeable about their product. They even let me watch a DVD with a study on blast mitigation. Did you know that line-x just got a contract to spray the pentagon? Not only does it look good but it's grippy as hell. I don't think I'll have too much of a problem with things sliding around. The guys even threw in UV protectant for free.
It always comes down to personal preference in the end and I'm glad I chose line-x.

Old 01-31-2006, 12:28 PM
AeroRam
Rookie

Go with either Rhino or Line-X. The Rhino has a softer, more "rubbery" type feel to it. It's still plenty tough though. The Line-X has a hard "sandpapery" feel to it. I have a Line-X in my truck because it was on it when I bought it. I like it alot but, I probably would have chosen the Rhino if I had done it myself. I prefer the Rhino texture over the Line-X. Largely because I wonder if the roughness of the Line-X could possibly scratch wood like if I was moving furniture and it slid around some in the back. Anybody know? I know that the Rhino would not.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:28 AM
NMMI89
Amateur

After a year of use my line-x liner is starting to look faded. With the paint, dirt, concrete mix I've been hauling it's starting to takes it's toll. Anyone know how to restore the luster and shine?

Old 01-18-2007, 11:34 AM
rshackleford

why don't you put a bra on your pickup too!

Old 01-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Mystro
Captain
Default i have used a OEM drop-in-liner on my last 3 Rams.

I have used a OEM drop-in-liner on my last 3 Rams. I have not had any issues with rust or cracking. I have had cinderblocks, multch,stone, many many deer (ie blood) and it has held up and cleaned out like new with no fading or chipping like most spray-on-liners.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:33 PM
raidermike67
Veteran
Default RE: i have used a OEM drop-in-liner on my last 3 Rams.

Anyone look at the origination date of this thread? LOL

Quick Reply: Spray in bed-liners