3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Random Flashing ABS and Brake Lights.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 04:17 AM
bmxox
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Random Flashing ABS and Brake Lights.

I also noticed today that sometimes its not the brake and abs light, but the airbag light will flash instantly and chime once as well, and sometimes theres no lights but just the chime. Anyone got any ideas?

Old 01-10-2006, 01:46 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

The wiring has got to be grounding somewhere, or a loose ground wire. I figure the dealership would check that first, but of course, unless it throws a code, they're not gonna go diving in to try to fix it and then not get reimbursed by Dodge.

Old 01-10-2006, 02:23 PM
ALLSTAR RAM

Check for water in your abs controler connector, Have seen water build up in connector comes from ground directly behind battery and wicks down to cab moduel.

Old 01-10-2006, 05:57 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ALLSTAR RAM

Check for water in your abs controler connector, Have seen water build up in connector comes from ground directly behind battery and wicks down to cab moduel.
I had this problem and took it to the dealership. Definitely water in the ABS Controller. Common problem in 04's. They'll dry it out and pack it with dielectic grease to stop it from happening again. Easy fix.

Old 01-11-2006, 04:50 AM
bmxox
Professional

^^ Alright thanks for the input, I'll definitly check this out tomorrow and see whats going on with it, I just been pretty lazy about it lately and hoping someone had some input on here before I waste time going to the dealer to give me some run around story and send me home.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:55 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: bmxox

^^ Alright thanks for the input, I'll definitly check this out tomorrow and see whats going on with it, I just been pretty lazy about it lately and hoping someone had some input on here before I waste time going to the dealer to give me some run around story and send me home.
Sad, but true. This is how I feel regarding the stealerships.

My truck has been having a popping noise coming from either the front suspension and the steering likes to shudder from time to time turning left. They have replaced the PS pump and lubed the sway bar. Only hear it every now and then, but aggravating none the less.

I just don't have the time to drop the truck off, find a ride to school for a day or so and have them tell me nothing is wrong.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:30 AM
geoffreythomas

HOLY CRAP! Same EXACT thing with the ABS, Airbag and Brake lights has been happening to my 05 Ram 1500 SLT. No dropping speedo needle. 2 different dealers cannot duplicate the problem or find a code. (sure they are not looking hard) Did you ever get this figured out? Very curious!

Old 09-13-2006, 05:51 PM
CBRRAT

I just had this happen to me 2 days ago. (2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Qcab 5.9L Magnum)
All guages went to zero, warning lights came on, and the A/C stopped working.
I turned the truck off, then turned it back on right away...and it was fine after that.

Old 10-31-2006, 11:32 PM
racercrazy

I have the ABS and brake light issue plus the speedo jumping around when stopped, but works fine when rolling. I try the fix for the warning lights, has anyone seen the speedo problem?

03 Ram ST
3.7 5 speed
2wd

uhmmm, plain jane

Old 11-02-2006, 02:21 AM
UH60pilot

yes, my '06 had solid ABS and brake warning lights with speedo frequently dropping out and associated "ding". Dealership replaced ABS computer. No more problem. Now, if only they could figure out how to solve the shift problem from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd...

Quick Reply: Random Flashing ABS and Brake Lights.