3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 Ram, turn sign issues, TIPM replaced

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2021, 12:18 PM
06RAMBLACK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Ram, turn sign issues, TIPM replaced

I have a 06 dodge ram, it started having issues a year ago. The turn signal acted all kinds of weird, I would press the lever down for left and the right light would flash. I swapped out all led bulbs to regular bulbs , replaced the tipm, replace the multi something switch ( turn signal). Problem went away. Now it's back but slightly different .

now when I turn on the driving lights , on the rear of the truck only one side lights up but when I engage the turn signal it flahses correctly. I swapped the left and right lights to see if the problem is the lights or if it's not getting power and it seems its not getting power when I turn the lights on. I have also replaced the light switch .

Sorry for the fast post and numerous errors in Grammer, currently under the truck.🤣

Last edited by 06RAMBLACK; 09-18-2021 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:19 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 96 Likes on 81 Posts

Check the rear wire to that rear socket. Do you have voltage with lamps on and the turn signal switch in neutral position. Do you have voltage? If you do, does the voltage go away when use the turn signal switch?

Quick Reply: 2006 Ram, turn sign issues, TIPM replaced