3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 ram 1500 trailer brake controller issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 10:45 PM
lanceturrentine@icloud.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 ram 1500 trailer brake controller issues

I apologize if this has been covered I’ve had my truck for a while and I am just now getting to this.

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 night runner edition ( equivalent to the sport I assume ) anyways I wanna put a brake controller in it but have some questions.

i installed the receiver hitch and the 7 way light plug. The 4 wire plug had a connection so I just plugged it in with no problems. However I have looked under the dash and found the blue connector for the brake controller and no problems there. But I have looked all around the rear of my truck and have not found the blue brake controller wire. I’ve read a few forums but their wording is very confusing to me. I do know I need the constant power which is no big deal I can run it from the battery but how do I get my controller wire ran

thanks guys.

Old 09-22-2021, 08:07 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,274 Likes on 3,021 Posts

Welcome to DF! Moving this to Third Gen Ram section for ya.

Old 09-22-2021, 12:39 PM
jrsick
All Star
Received 67 Likes on 65 Posts

Hopefully someone can provide update for you. My experience is that wiring for accessories like trailer plugs and cab lights is not consistent.
I rec starting at your four prong plug and trace the wiring forward. You'll need to open the loom cover, and may need to cut back some electrical tape. I suspect the blue wire will be in the bundle between the trailer plug and the cab.
You may also want to locate the red wire for aux 12v and I believe green wire for reverse lights.

Quick Reply: 06 ram 1500 trailer brake controller issues