3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

04 RAM 1500 Suspension and Steering

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2021, 08:51 PM
racerxv6
Veteran
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default 04 RAM 1500 Suspension and Steering

So my son comes up to me last week and says, Dad my steering is making a noise when I turn. Checked the resevior and its empty, next check the R&P and the driver boot is soaked and dripping. So, I explain to him that that a new R&P is around $380. Then he says well my brakes seem not right. We check and the pads are worn but flat so I tell him a set or pads for front and back around $50. While we are checking might as well check suspension all the boots for all ball joints are gone, plus steering stabilizer rubbers. So we go to Rock Auto and price everything. $1,100 w/shipping. Steering R&P, brake pads, shocks, upper and lower control arms, rubber bushings for steering stabilizer. Seems as though I am going to have a weekend cut out for me to help my boy redo his suspension and brakes and steering... I'll keep you all posted....

Old 12-02-2021, 10:02 PM
racerxv6
Veteran

got 4 of the 5 boxes needed then will start the tear down and install.

Old 12-13-2021, 07:38 AM
racerxv6
Veteran

Performed the suspension work and R&P steering replacement this past weekend on my son's '04. Upper and Lower CA's were fairly easy, shocks and stabilizer bushings. Rack and Pinion steering assembly went a lot easier than I expected. Everything was easy to get too and with the assistance of my son we had it r and r'd within no time.....He is very happy with the new parts and stated that the truck drives like new again
I'll get some pics later...

Quick Reply: 04 RAM 1500 Suspension and Steering