3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Harness for steering wheel controls are no longer avalible. What do I do?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2021, 04:14 PM
SnowBeast428
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Magnoom
LOL......You need to look at the pins on the clockspring to see if they are there. Been my experience that it's hit or miss on how they equip it. Once you have everything plugged in then you just need it enabled, easy enough with a StarScan or AlfaOBD.
Luckily I have AlfaOBD (it's a godsend). If I don't have the clockspring with the connector do you know what part number it is? Tho i feel like it might have it as the older trucks tend to have connectors for features they don't have to simplify assembly.

Old 12-17-2021, 07:10 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 376 Likes on 338 Posts
Old 12-17-2021, 10:47 PM
SnowBeast428
Professional

These are just the switches. Tho if the switches are dead I can get these as replacement. But i'm set for now just need the switches to arrive, i programmed remote steering wheel switches in alfa obd and i know what swc box i need.

Old 12-18-2021, 06:43 AM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 376 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by SnowBeast428
These are just the switches.
Had you scrolled down, you'd have seen the Mopar harness under "Frequently bought together."

Here it is...
Amazon Amazon

Edit: So I went back again and noticed the years for this harness start at 2013. Not sure if this will fit, yet they list it as frequently bought with those controls. You might want to ask the Mopar store on Amazon to be sure or at least do a VIN search.
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by Dodgevity; 12-18-2021 at 09:53 AM.
Old 12-18-2021, 10:23 AM
SnowBeast428
Professional

Originally Posted by Dodgevity
Had you scrolled down, you'd have seen the Mopar harness under "Frequently bought together."

Here it is... https://www.amazon.com/DODGE-Steerin...cx_mr_hp_atf_m

Edit: So I went back again and noticed the years for this harness start at 2013. Not sure if this will fit, yet they list it as frequently bought with those controls. You might want to ask the Mopar store on Amazon to be sure or at least do a VIN search.
https://www.amazon.com/stores/Mopar/...3?ref_=ast_bln
Yeah that's why I said it didn't exist as it was for the 4th gen not the 3rd gen. That's to out of date as those also include dashboard screen controls as well. Chrysler loves to change connectors all the time as well, like the XJ where EVERY year has a different connector on the car for the overhead console, but the overhead console side is the same! Makes no sense.

Old 12-18-2021, 09:38 PM
Magnoom
Record Breaker
Received 216 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by SnowBeast428
Luckily I have AlfaOBD (it's a godsend). If I don't have the clockspring with the connector do you know what part number it is? Tho i feel like it might have it as the older trucks tend to have connectors for features they don't have to simplify assembly.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/bt29b...anual.pdf/file
One would think, been my experience with early to mid 00's Mopars that isn't the case lol.

Old 12-20-2021, 10:59 PM
SnowBeast428
Professional

Well this project is going to hell real fast. The threads to my steering column are messed up (they were before I even took the bolt out based on feel) and so i tried to use a tap to fix them and now the tap broke in the column shaft. Why can't they use nuts like normal people. Messed up the back trim as well as i couldnt get the wheel off to remove it.

Quick Reply: Harness for steering wheel controls are no longer avalible. What do I do?