3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Leaky Oil Filter Area

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2022, 03:26 AM
Pelicansplash
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Leaky Oil Filter Area

Hello everyone its been sometime since ive been active on these boards. Hope everybody is healthy and prosperouse here in the new years.

On with it. Make Model year...
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT 4x4

I have a oil leak somewhere around my oil filter area. Ive played with the tightness of oil filter itself . Hand tight to wrench tight and inbetween no fix.
There is two O Rings seals that need replacing at the oil filter adapter.. Can someone put up a diagram or a how too thread howw to remove the adapter too replace
the worn seals ? Im blowin a full quart every 3000. My oil filter and area is oil soaked. And its embarrasing. Ill have a local shadetree mechanic do the
work. Whats the hour count for the fix that usually goes with this job ?
Thanks boys and girls.

Old 01-24-2022, 11:23 AM
Pelicansplash
Professional
Default Leaky Oil Pressure Sensor Port. ?

Oops ive already asked this question . Lets try the same topic of a leaky oil filter area BJT could the problem be the Oil Pressure Sensor ? Leaking
past the threads ? Im not having any dash lites come on but not sjre of any codes ?

Old 01-24-2022, 01:23 PM
Dodgevity
Champion
Received 386 Likes on 347 Posts

May help if you list your engine.

Old 01-24-2022, 01:36 PM
Pelicansplash
Professional

Oh yes engine it a
2005 ram 1500 5.7 hemi 92,500 miles

Old 01-31-2022, 03:37 PM
theuscfan04
Rookie
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im confused but it sounds to me like the oil filter gasket from an old filter got stuck. Take the filter off and make sure there is no filter rubber gasket stuck on there, then put a new filter on (dip your finger in oil and run it around the new filter gasket).

Old 03-11-2022, 06:32 PM
Meztitilar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if our problems are similar. But recently my car also suffered from a leaky oil filter. I've read a lot of reviews about this problem from other owners. There are many reasons - either not changing the filter correctly, or the old filter hasn't been changed in a while, there was even the case of someone using the wrong filter for their car. I searched the internet for information to check and rule out all these factors. There is a good article that helped me "Oil Filter for 5.7 Hemi reviews". And it turned out that my filter was clogged and should have been replaced a long time ago. It's as simple as that. Maybe you should change your filter brand too, in some cases, it helps. Hope I was able to help you.

Quick Reply: Leaky Oil Filter Area