3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lower a 4x2 (sport look)

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 04:34 PM
helopilot
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lower a 4x2 (sport look)

ORIGINAL: 1beastnstl

Do ALL lowering kits require that you cut the truck in some way?
ANYONE know?
2/4 no, anything larger like 4/6 yes

Old 10-15-2007, 06:26 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i lowered my ram with a McGaughy's 2/4 kit and then stuffed some 22's on it...i also lowered mine myself in my driveway in a matter of a couple hours (it's also got an airbag rear helper spring on it)

[IMG]local://upfiles/20353/9117F57A6AC24E56B2A4921FDF15663F.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-16-2007, 08:42 AM
1beastnstl
Rookie

ORIGINAL: helopilot

Do ALL lowering kits require that you cut the truck in some way?
ANYONE know?
2/4 no, anything larger like 4/6 yes
Thanks for the response. The 2/4 drop is what I'm looking for at this point. My truck is a 4x2 that is getting dual duty as a daily driver and hauler. I just want something a bit more agressive lookingand also lower center of gravity for highway driving.

Old 10-16-2007, 08:47 AM
1beastnstl
Rookie

ORIGINAL: hemiyellow

yeah i lowered my ram with a McGaughy's 2/4 kit and then stuffed some 22's on it...i also lowered mine myself in my driveway in a matter of a couple hours (it's also got an airbag rear helper spring on it)

[IMG]local://upfiles/20353/9117F57A6AC24E56B2A4921FDF15663F.jpg[/IMG]
Thats VERY clean!! About how much out of pocket for hardware? I may attempt this myself but weather may be working against me in the midwest. [sm=boosign.gif]

Do you expect any difficulties with snow/icenow that you havethe new lowering parts? Just curiousif there are any cold weather maintenence issues I should prepare for.

Old 10-16-2007, 03:06 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

thank you...i got the lowering kit off ebay and got it shipped to my house for about $380 total...as long as you have basic hand tools, floor jack (i used 2) and some jack stands then your good to go....i know how ya feel, i was living in northern iowa and lowered my truck in january lol....

as for the snow/ice, i didn't really get into very much just a couple inches of snow here and there and i didn't have any problems with it....the type of tire you choose is going to be a huge factor after you lower it......

you might want to relocate your spare tire to the bed of your truck permanetly...i've had some issues with the rear diff getting quite hot so i moved the spare to the bed and that'd seemed to help out quite a bit and i also got an aftermarket rear diff cover to hold more fluid...kinda pricey but it keeps the rear cooler and it looks cool lol.....

i will suggest that you look at buying the 2" drop front kunckles as well as new shocks all the way around just to help it ride better and get the front end back down so everything isnt sitting at weird angles....other then that you should be good to go...got any other questions feel free to e-mail me or PM me

good luck and post pics when your done!!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 03:11 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider

forgot to mention, if your going to be any towing or hauling stuff...then i highly suggest you look at getting an airbag helper spring like I have....here's a link for where you can find em http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...115+4294881945

i bought mine from stripper motorsports and i bought the McGaughy's brand...it was about $100 cheaper from stripper motorsports, but i cant find the link for it right at the moment

Old 10-16-2007, 03:21 PM
Ben D.
Champion

myopinion if u want aggressive stance and want to haul stuff then ur moving it in the opposite direction. you need to go up up up.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:18 AM
1beastnstl
Rookie

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

myopinion if u want aggressive stance and want to haul stuff then ur moving it in the opposite direction. you need to go up up up.
LOL!!!! going up willonly ADD to my problem. im a pretty agressive driver and up worsens the center of gravity so I need to go down (but NOT drag the ground low) [sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Lower a 4x2 (sport look)