3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dodge ram stalls at light and runs rough

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2023, 11:00 AM
ZacLund66
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodge ram stalls at light and runs rough

Hey guys I’ve been tearing my hair out trying to figure out this truck. I’ve got a 2003 ram 1500 with the 5.7 hemi and the 545rfe trans. I completely rebuilt the motor with new crank, all bearings, aftermarket cam, valves, valves springs and seals, also lifters. I’ve also replaced the pcm, all plugs, wires, coils, new throttle body and app sensor, new map sensor and IAT sensor, new NGK o2 sensors and it has no cat as the old cat what completely plugged. I’m at my wits end.

my issue is when I start the truck it run like it’s got a misfire but as soon as I get into the throttle it runs great. I have to have my vacuum line to the intake manifold unplugged for it to even idle smooth. If I leave my map plugged in it’ll die every other stop light. If I have it unplugged runs great but I can only go about 50mph. I only have 1 code saying my upstream o2 is reading rich.

please help!!

Old 06-28-2023, 01:11 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 102 Likes on 95 Posts

what does your fuel trims look like?

Quick Reply: Dodge ram stalls at light and runs rough