3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stock height measurement?! How to find out?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 04:17 PM
GrossmeisterB
Professional
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Stock height measurement?! How to find out?!

Hello everyone,

can anyone please tell me the stock suspension height of a 2004 RAM 1500 5.7 HEMI 4x4 QuadCab?
I'm not sure if the previous owner cranked the torsion bar keys or added something in the back, as compared to other RAMs it looks a little higher.
Would be great to know as I could not find ANY info at all.
So maybe someone has the measurements from the hub center to the lower fender line?
Thanks a lot!

Old 08-05-2023, 01:02 PM
FabricGATOR
Professional
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Sears Automotive Center

When I worked at Sears a hundred years ago, they would take us out for service advisor training (learn how to sell people more stuff)

Anyway, MOOG had a suspension handbook so we could measure from a well defined point on a vehicle and show the customer that their suspension was sagging and justify why we are quoting them new springs, shocks, and while we are there, you'll also need a brake job (why not) , oh, and tires area looking a little thin

Somewhere online, I am certain you should be able to find a log of specifications like that, start with MOOG

Oh, and by the way, When you find it, please post a link here so I can check my car, truck, and SUV... as well as the next guy who finds this post while searching for the same information. Thank you!

...and, I would love to hear what you find and what steps you have to take (or if you just decide to live with it)
cheers

Quick Reply: Stock height measurement?! How to find out?!