3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46re doesn’t accel in first gear, first gear disappeared

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2023, 06:03 PM
Spooderboss2000
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FabricGATOR
Did you try to disconnect the battery and hold the battery wires together?
Resets the PCM?
Thanks for trying to help but i have disconnected the negative only i will try to do both and hold together, but as i am driving i’ll manually shift to 1st or 2nd and it’ll grab 1st gear for a split second and then shift to second like if something making it shift to second also it starts off in 3rd gear and doesn’t downshift to first or second full throttle

Old 10-03-2023, 01:01 PM
Spooderboss2000
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spooderboss2000
Thanks for trying to help but i have disconnected the negative only i will try to do both and hold together, but as i am driving i’ll manually shift to 1st or 2nd and it’ll grab 1st gear for a split second and then shift to second like if something making it shift to second also it starts off in 3rd gear and doesn’t downshift to first or second full throttle
Upsate so it’s still in limp mode no trans code only code is 02 which is p0031 tho when i turn it back on and don’t floor it it’ll accel from a stop in 1st and once it shifts to 2nd it’ll lock out into limp mode

Quick Reply: 46re doesn’t accel in first gear, first gear disappeared