3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46re trans parking pawl

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2023, 03:27 PM
Spooderboss2000
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46re trans parking pawl

So i recently preformed a maintenance on my valve body as my 1-2 was stuck so i had to pull the valve body and replace a part but i pulled the valve body along with the parking pawl and when i put it back together my shift selector doesn’t read park but when i shut the key off it’ll read reverse but when i turn it on it doesn’t show any selected and my reverse lights are on BUT if i go down beneath i can’t seem to manually shift the trans into any other heat other than park and reverse

Old 11-27-2023, 06:29 PM
FabricGATOR
Professional
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Spooderboss2000
So i recently preformed a maintenance on my valve body as my 1-2 was stuck so i had to pull the valve body and replace a part but i pulled the valve body along with the parking pawl and when i put it back together my shift selector doesn’t read park but when i shut the key off it’ll read reverse but when i turn it on it doesn’t show any selected and my reverse lights are on BUT if i go down beneath i can’t seem to manually shift the trans into any other heat other than park and reverse
11 days now... did you get this figured out?

Did you have to remove the valve body again>

What did you find and how do you fix it?

Please let us know spooderboss2000

Good Luck!

Old 11-28-2023, 10:04 AM
Spooderboss2000
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FabricGATOR
11 days now... did you get this figured out?

Did you have to remove the valve body again>

What did you find and how do you fix it?

Please let us know spooderboss2000

Good Luck!
Yep i got it fixed i had to jack up the diff for the rear wheels to move freely and u move the drive shaft for the pawl to snap into the trans once it’s in you place the valve body in with the gear selector that’s on the valve body in 1st gear once it’s in the trans will go through the gears just fine with no binding

Old 12-03-2023, 12:22 PM
FabricGATOR
Professional
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Excellent!
With this 'solution' perhaps the next person in a similar situation can find the answer that they seek at the very same time they are looking for it.

Please help spread the word... Encourage repair forum participants to return and tell their solution too!

Happy New Year everyone... I can't believe it is almost Easter/Passover once again!

Old 12-03-2023, 05:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Originally Posted by FabricGATOR
Excellent!
With this 'solution' perhaps the next person in a similar situation can find the answer that they seek at the very same time they are looking for it.

Please help spread the word... Encourage repair forum participants to return and tell their solution too!

Happy New Year everyone... I can't believe it is almost Easter/Passover once again!
Well, the new year IS rapidly approaching, but, we have a few other holidays before we get back to Easter again.

Quick Reply: 46re trans parking pawl