3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'07 1500 4wd 5.7 hemi check gauges light!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2024, 02:57 PM
Hemiheadaches
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 1500 4wd 5.7 hemi check gauges light!

I'm stuck...I had my "check gauges" light and chime going off when I start up the truck. The gauge fluctuating from the normal operating range to down to nearly nothing and back and forth until the truck gets nice and warmed up. then only does it rarely. I replaced the sending unit that is above the oil filter and that did nothing so I blew out the sending unit attachment hole in the block thinking the hole could be blocked or semi clogged up then bought a genuine Mopar sending unit (thinking it would talk to my gauge better) and that didn't work. I'm not getting any codes and always the truck runs great but this is very annoying to me. How can I find out where the 3 wires go to check the opposite end connections thinking it may be a dirty or loose ground wire? I'm more the buy a new part to replace an old bad part mechanic and not a strong point is my electrical diagnostics especially since theres no code to point me in any certain direction. I'm getting pretty frustrated since I just went through a 3 month ordeal with my Transmission Shift Solenoid Pack that cost me over $2 grand when it should have cost me under $300....but that's a different story,so my frustration level is still high with this truck!
When the weather breaks this spring I will be replacing my original almost rusted through oil pan,so when I have that off I'll clean and inspect the pickup tube and replace its O ring. But I'm pre sure this is a wiring issue and not an actual oil pressure issue. Can someone give me a little insight on c h asing those 3 wires down without cutting open all my wire harnesses? Thanks!!

Quick Reply: '07 1500 4wd 5.7 hemi check gauges light!