3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

when rammed from Behind, Ram does poorly

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 09:13 PM
savage25xtreme
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: when rammed from Behind, Ram does poorly

you guys cursed me [sm=boosign.gif] I got rammed from behind by a chick in a little S-10 on the way home from work friday night...the really funny part of it is that she was only going about 10 mph and I was stopped...I hadmy receiver in and it smashed through her grill, radiator, and radiator support and stopped her before she got to my bumper. [sm=badbadbad.gif]

I was still pretty pissed off....I was like GD it! its bright F#$%ing yellow!! oh well I also got to pull off of her little truck and break her grill even more....while anti-freeze was pouring everywhere...hahaha

note to self: leave receiver in hitch at all times

Old 06-29-2007, 03:34 PM
rumpumpkin
Rookie

Thought I'd revive this post since it is a hot topic in our household right now. We are shopping for a new truck, and narrowed it down between the new GMC and Ram Quad. I like the looks of the GMC over the Chevy, and the Mega Cab is just too darn big for me as a daily driver. Anyway, both my wife and I were surprised (actually, more like appalled) at the blatant lack of rear-center head restraints. Or for that matter, the lack of a head restraint and a shoulder belt in front center positions. I mean this isn't rocket science! When I see something like that, it really stands out as a blatant dis-regard for customer safety in exchange for a stupid cost-cutting measure. I'm really dissappointed with GM, because this is a completely new model. At least Dodge remedied this in the MC (well, at least for the back seat). I mean they can invent MDS, but they can't stick on a rear-center head restraint? We have 3 children, so seating all 3 across the back with equal safety measures is of utmost importance to us.

Old 06-29-2007, 04:25 PM
morganmkelly
Professional

Well, I've never been rammed from behind and I don't think I'd ever want to. Im not down with that funny stuff............

Old 06-29-2007, 05:07 PM
M14
Rookie

I was just hit from behind last Tuesday. At about 5 mph, my bumper has too small dings and scuffed chrome. The Offending Toyota Tacoma does not look so good. I just ordered a new bumper, as with 4400 miles on the truck, I want it still new. Now the problem is the non-english speaking other driver has not bothered to report his accident, which may allow him to get away with it and me pay. [:@]

Old 06-29-2007, 07:35 PM
PinkTacoLover
Professional

Well, I've never been rammed from behind and I don't think I'd ever want to. Im not down with that funny stuff............
I'd rather be the Rammer then the Rammee! But that's just me. And the Ram better be a different model than my Ram if you know what I mean....

On a serious note, I agree that taking safety of everybody in the cab should be very important IE headrest and such.

Old 06-29-2007, 11:33 PM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

I know that the fords lack center head rests and shoulder straps. I dont really know how it would be possible to put a shoulder belt in the front seat. They can make a headrest that would pop out, but the shoulder belt is a tuffy.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:49 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dodge rear bumpers are a joke, no now I like my truck but the rear bumper on a dodge is the weakest link, but I have 8 feet of box to bed in the event I ever get rear ended.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:18 PM
gooddoc

ORIGINAL: WingViper

I'm curious, how does it help with whiplash? All I can conclude is that the seats that don't do as well, have weaker adjustable mounts for the headrest. Do they bend back on impact due to the weight of the head?
I drive an '07 Power Wagon, but I also own a '06 Volvo XC90 that my wife drives my kids around in. The XC90 has a sophisticated anti-whiplash system that, amongst other things,causes the entire seat to slide forward in a rear impact collision. This simple designdissipatesa significant amount of energy from the collision through the seat, thereby reducing the forces whipping your neck. Hope that helps explain it.

Quick Reply: when rammed from Behind, Ram does poorly