3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

p0443 nightmares

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2024, 07:06 AM
apjcustoms
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default p0443 nightmares

.,so I purchased an 03 1500 quad cab in great condition with a replacement mystery motor using my Foxwell scanner upon noticing the mil lamp I had code p0443 fault so replaced the purge solenoid and nothing so grabbed test light and both terminals were dead zero readings ! hooked up to positive battery terminal and tested the white wire tan tracer comes back as a clean ground switched back to the pink wire and neg battery terminal pink wire w/ black tracer still nothing so went and looked at the ppm and found pink wire black blk trace broken about 3 inches off the connected so I cut back both sides for a clean connection and but connected the wire together yet still no power signal to purge solenoid ! unlike to Dakota models which apparently have a fuse the ge 3 w/ a 4.7 does not or not one listed anywhere . trying to trace this pink & black wire has proven to be problematic once I follow it towards the drivers side fender I loose it and can't disassemble the entire truck blindly due to this being my main vehicle . now live data on my scanner reads Evap purge as being " off" does that indicate previous owner has turned off emissions via a pcm flash ? Evap purge solenoid located inside pcm driver is bad ? idk but its an issue I need to resolve and after downloading the manual and looking to the schematic the actual wiring routing is not Any easier to figure out . code p0443 indicated a short or bad ground circuit A and I believe the ground is solid considering my test light indicated such when I tested it as a ground leaving only the pink wire / blk tracer being the culprit and fixing that break right off the pcm connector 3 not resolving the issue I'm at a loss.ive spent countless hours attempting to learn more about this wire and where it goes . any input would be greatly appreciated luckily the truck runs and drives but I can definitely tell its not running as it should and need to pass inspection . a simple hand drawn diagram of where this actual wire goes from the solenoid would be amazing but I'm desperate and have hit a wall so any help at this point is beyond measure to me ! thanking everyone in advance! I apologize in advance for Any grammar issues lol

Last edited by apjcustoms; 07-18-2024 at 07:11 AM.
Old Today, 05:06 AM
apjcustoms

nothing huh?

Old Today, 05:28 AM
Prismatic
All Star
Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

Last edited by Prismatic; Today at 05:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
apjcustoms (Today)
Old Today, 05:35 AM
apjcustoms

hey brother, thank you so I have the manual and I have this diagram and I’m wondering if I could just run a new wire directly from the PCM pin straight through to the purge solenoid harness since I know the white and tan one is good. It’s the pink with the black tracer, that’s giving me nothing, unless I’m not testing this properly I’m a motorcycle guy. This is my first dodge and it’s been a nightmare. I’ve done a lot and fixed lot of electrical issues on this truck but this is really killing me. Most of the issues were from the previous owner butchering the electrical system to install a remote start alarm system the owner before that took meticulous care of the truck and spent thousands of dollars with all these receipts for work and for the most part it’s in good condition so it’s driving me crazy that I’m having such a hard time physically tracing this wire

Originally Posted by Prismatic

Quick Reply: p0443 nightmares