3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 dodge ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Code p0706

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:18 PM
bloodcollar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 dodge ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Code p0706

Hi all
i have a 2007 Dodge ram 1500 5.7 Hemi with the code p07p6.
to start it off for a few months when i would start the truck it would be fine but if i imediatly turned it off and on it would not start for serveal minutes all it would do was click so i thought the starter was going, finally it would not start so i replaced the starter in it and still no start i towed it home and its sat for awhile, ive had a few people look at it and tell me multiple things. now when i go to turn the key it does one small click and nothing, all the gears have boxes around them now. would i need to replace the transmission range sesnore solonoid pack or is it actally on the exteriro of the trans all i can see is a plug with a red clamp on it.

would really love some insight if anyone has any
tthanks

Old Today, 08:48 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,308 Likes on 3,053 Posts

If you are getting a click, then most everything is working properly. If you can, try swapping the starter relay with another, similar one. See if that helps.

Old Today, 11:30 AM
dodgetruck2
All Star
Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

P0706 is cylinder 6 misfire? When you say click and nothing does everything go dead like a weak battery or poor connection or just nothing as the start does nothing? I agree the click means the NSS system is all good to go, the issue is the start circuit.

In the front left corner below the battery box/TIPM there's a single yellow wire with a grey connector. That's your starter relay signal. Can always try jump straight here to very the issue is either power or start related only.

The misfire code, along with you other description would make me wonder about possible head gasket failure and now with extended sitting, is it hydro locked? Is your coolant low, oil level over full?

Old Today, 11:48 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by dodgetruck2
P0706 is cylinder 6 misfire? When you say click and nothing does everything go dead like a weak battery or poor connection or just nothing as the start does nothing? I agree the click means the NSS system is all good to go, the issue is the start circuit.

In the front left corner below the battery box/TIPM there's a single yellow wire with a grey connector. That's your starter relay signal. Can always try jump straight here to very the issue is either power or start related only.

The misfire code, along with you other description would make me wonder about possible head gasket failure and now with extended sitting, is it hydro locked? Is your coolant low, oil level over full?
Po706 is a trans range sensor code. 0306 is cylinder 6 misfire.

Old Today, 12:11 PM
dodgetruck2
All Star
Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Po706 is a trans range sensor code. 0306 is cylinder 6 misfire.
got me

Old Today, 12:50 PM
bloodcollar
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
If you are getting a click, then most everything is working properly. If you can, try swapping the starter relay with another, similar one. See if that helps.

the starter relay is built in to the PCM I am told on this year. I had someone scan and he said everything in the pcm was working fine

Old Today, 12:58 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by bloodcollar
the starter relay is built in to the PCM I am told on this year. I had someone scan and he said everything in the pcm was working fine
Grab a warm body, park 'em in the drivers seat. You crawl under the truck, and disconnect the little wire going to the starter, put your meter, or testlight between that wire, and a good ground. (engine block will work.) Have warm body turn ignition to 'start', do you see at least 9 volts on that wire?

Quick Reply: 2007 dodge ram 1500 5.7 Hemi Code p0706