3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Up date on rear end damage

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 11:43 PM
gonzoe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Up date on rear end damage

HEY GUYS WAZ UP IM NEW IN THIS FORUM I GOT A Q. I JUST BOUGHT A 03 RAM WITH THE LSD BUT I DIDNT GET INSURANCE I STILL HAVE THE 3 MONTH INSURANCE; YOU GUYS THINK IF I TAKE IT IN THEYLL REPLACE THE REAR END IF TELL THEM ITS MAKING NOISE.

Old 01-14-2006, 01:43 AM
Valkyrie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Up date on rear end damage

Went to the dealer again today and talked to a mechanic. He said that this rear end has been around since the early 90's. In the 10 years he has worked for Dodge he has only seen 3 come in with this problem. None have returned with the problems after the repair. He said that Dodge was aware of the problem and were trying to fix it He thinks they had a problem with one of there suppliers. He said his truck has over 200,000 with the same axle with no problems at all. He also said to service it every 12,000 miles. I know this might be B.S. but he seem like he was on the up and up and had no reason to stick up for Dodge. Wasn't under any pressure and had nobody looking over his shoulder.

2002 Ram 1500 4.7

Quick Reply: Up date on rear end damage