3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

odd question...ride/cabin noise

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 05:08 PM
bigman30685
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default odd question...ride/cabin noise

Ok I was wondering about a smoother ride....I saw these on ebay.

Bilstein HD Shocks

Any suggestions would be great. If I can install myself let me know.Now for the odd question..

Is there anyway I could make the cab noise more silent from the outside world?? Probably not but I was willing to take a shot.

Old 01-25-2006, 06:04 PM
crosbyct
Default RE: odd question...ride/cabin noise

Quieter tires (not likely) or taking everything out of the cab (seats, carpet etc), lining it with noise dampening material and then putting it all back in.

Old 01-26-2006, 10:47 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: crosbyct

Quieter tires (not likely) or taking everything out of the cab (seats, carpet etc), lining it with noise dampening material and then putting it all back in.
What he said for noise reduction. There are many good brands out there. Dynamat is one of the more mainstream ones that is fairly easy to find locally. There are also sprays like Noise Killer Blue or something similar to that. Just do a search on line and you'll find tons of stuff.

As far as the shocks go. It will give you a more controlled ride in a sense of handling, but will not get rid of the infamous bed hop. If that is a problem go get some bags of sand at Home Depot or other store and put them in the bed up next to the tailgate. About 300 pounds ought to do the trick.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:21 PM
bigman30685
Amateur

the bed hop is not a problem...i just don't want to feel the bumps as much.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:45 PM
Hillside

What size rims/tires are you running? I have 31' tires on 17 inch rims and my ride is pretty comfortable. If you're running on some big 20 inch rims with small rubberband tires the ride will be rougher.

Old 01-26-2006, 01:42 PM
stykthyn
Professional

if you want a quieter smoother ride, get performance tires. I have the 17" rims and replaced the stock michelins with Bf Goodrich Dueler HP's. The bed doesn't hop and I can take corners at like 30 mph.

Quick Reply: odd question...ride/cabin noise