3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ELECTRIC DOOR LOCKS ,how do i.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2006, 12:35 AM
2005 DAYTONA
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ELECTRIC DOOR LOCKS ,how do i.....

I had the truck back at the place where I had my alarm installed , the problem I had was the blower fan could be turned ON WITHOUT the key being in the ING , so I could not pre-set the heater the night b4 for the next mornings remote start warm-up, otherwise the blower would be ON all night. Now this started after a remote start cycle, I have it set to run for 12mins, after that cycle ended I went out to the truck and the blower was still ON as I looked at the keys in my hand and the truck NOT running VIA REMOTE START. So I thought it must be something with the alarm that caused this problem.............. took it to them and they told me the alarm was fine it was something with the truck, so I have to take it to the DEALER on friday.( ill let you guys know what the problem was after its fixed) SO after I got the truck back from the alarm being checked out I noticed it would not un-lock the doors after I turn off the truck. Now b4 I took it there I would turn off the truck and the doors would un-lock and the int lite would come on, now no lite and the doors dont un-lock. I looked in the ALARM manual and also in the TRUCK manual and unless im missing it I cant find in the TRUCK manual how to get the doors to un-lock and int lite to come on after I turn the key to the off pos. So now I dont know it its the truck that did that feature or the alarm? Can anyone let me know if it IS the truck that does this and how I can turn it back ON. thx

Quick Reply: ELECTRIC DOOR LOCKS ,how do i.....