3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Line-x Vs Rhino

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006 | 09:10 PM
SilverBullet0205
Default RE: Line-x Vs Rhino

ive got the rhino liner, over the rail, the 1/4 inch think kind and i love it and will always stick with rhino from now on

Old 04-13-2006 | 05:43 PM
HEMIX2

I HAVE A LINE-X AND IT IS TOUGH AS HELL. MY GRANDPA HAS HAD BOTH SO WHEN I WAS GETTING MINE I ASKED HIM WHAT HE PREFERRED, HE SAID THE RHINO LOOK BETTER SINCE IT IS A WET PRODUCT AND TAKES LONGER TO DRYER BUT THE LINE-X HELD UP BETTER AND YOU CAN GET YOUR TRUCK BACK IN AN HOUR VERUS 8 FOR RHINO. I LISTON TO HIM AND HAVE BEEN VERY HAPPY. ACTUALLY BOTH MY DODGES HAVE HAD LINE-X AND I WILL KEEP USING THEM WHEN EVER I GET A NEW TRUCK.

Old 04-14-2006 | 01:15 PM
Methos
Veteran

I've had both now, and the Rhino seems a little more non-skid because it's got a little more rubbery texture. But, the Linex seems to be a harder material which I believe makes it more durable against damage. Not that I ever had durability issues with Rhino either, but it feels softer and seems like you could cut into it with a sharp corner easier.

That being said, I prefer the appearance of the Linex, it's not quite as textured as the Rhino. But, that may just be a difference in the shops that did the work.

Personally, I'm sticking with Line-x as long as I'm near this area. But, that's a matter of who does the work and not really the product itself, because I found an installer that does great work and gives attention to the small details which makes a world of difference in how it looks.

I wouldn't say anything bad about either product... the local (this is not to say all) rhino dealer on the other hand.....

Old 04-15-2006 | 07:14 PM
bekim
Professional

Bed liners are like putting an ice skating rink in your bed! Everything slides all over the place. If it's over the rail, it WILL damage the paint wherever it touches the finish. It will warp with temperature changes.

Personally, IMHO Line-X was the better option. It goes on thick, has a nice deep black finish, and keeps most things from sliding. Cost for me on my '99 ram short bed was $400.
I think that it was worth it twice over. After keeping and hauling construction equipment on it for 3 years, it still washed clean and looked excellent!
Cheers

Mike
###

Old 04-15-2006 | 09:29 PM
WingViper
All Star

I researched for a while too and decided on Line-x. Color stays well without work and a lifetime warranty. I got nothing bad to say about rhinoliner though, or any other bedliner, its all about preference. As for the sliding stuff, with my drop-in liner, everything always slid around. Since I got my Line-x, nothing moves, though I am contemplating a rubber bedmat just to take it easier on my knees and anything wooden or that I don't want scratched. $400 over the rails, worth every penny.

Old 04-15-2006 | 09:43 PM
jnellydodge
Record Breaker

Line-X all the way !!! rhino is alright but its too soft IMO and if you are worried about things slideing around get a bedmat and put it on top of the (line-x) bedliner. It is true rhino fades and it definatly feels not as durable.

Quick Reply: Line-x Vs Rhino