3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Birthday Presents (Pics)!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 01:38 AM
GreyGhost
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Birthday Presents (Pics)!

Toyo Open Country AT's (285/70/17) on Aluminum 17's. Pics just taken a few minutes ago.. I'll post a few more when I get a chance to clean the truck up, and this nasty weather clears up in Ohio! [sm=gears.gif] Best Bday gift ever (thanks to the wife)

Old 02-19-2006, 06:05 AM
abarmby
Champion
Default RE: Birthday Presents (Pics)!

Give that gal a GREAT BIG KISS.[sm=kissykissy.gif]
Sounds like you've got it made.............nice truck and a very considerate wife.
Nice one.
Great set of wheels!

Old 02-19-2006, 10:52 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Looks good. How's the ride/handling with the new tires? Also, any problems with fitment or rubbing at full turn?

Old 02-19-2006, 11:11 PM
GreyGhost
All Star

Absolutely no problems with these at all doc. The ride, compared to the Wrangler HP 265/70/17's is 5 times better. Highway driving took a compete 180 deg for me. With the Goodyears at 60 to 70mph on the highway, I felt like I had to have a deathgrip on the wheel at all times. A surprise gust of wind comes by and I could feel the truck shifting left or right depending on the wind direction. Not with the Toyos.

Plus the truck sits up noticeably higher which is a plus! I was worried at first with the fitment of these 285's on the OEM 17x8 aluminums. I was told by Toyo that they would fit but still had doubts. The tires couldn't fit better on these rims. No problems with rubbing either at full turn.

Prior to these Aluminum rims and Toyos, I had the OEM chrome clad 17's and standard HP's. These tires and rims have completely changed the looks of this truck. Definitely the best investment so far.

I'll post some daylight pics when the weather clears and I can clean the truck up. I got a little impatient last night and had to snap a few shots even though it was pitch dark!

Old 02-19-2006, 11:15 PM
silvernightmare
Veteran

Tires look good.

Quick Reply: Birthday Presents (Pics)!