3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Yes, ANOTHER new tire thread. Thanks for looking.

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 03:48 PM
GreyGhost
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Yes, ANOTHER new tire thread. Thanks for looking.

ORIGINAL: rob[GL]

ORIGINAL: TRUCK

rob, check this guy out on Ebay. Heck of a nice guy and has great prices. He may have what you're looking for. Username is wholesaletireoutlet. They provide an 800 number to call them, ask for Brad. I just bought some Toyo Open Country AT's from him for a great price over the phone. Cheap prices and shipping.
I don't do the whole ebay thing.

That's cool but you can just log in and get the company's 800#. They do business outside of Ebay. Here's their website also: http://www.wtotires.com They have the Hankook tire that you're looking at as well as others including Toyos, BFG's, Mickey Thompson's etc....

Old 02-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Stillborn
Veteran

If you wernt looking for 35" tires, I'd say go w/ Hercules Terra Trac A/T's, Im running them on 17" steel rims for the winter, and man do they rock. The old terra trac's sucked, so I was very skeptical to get them, but once I saw them, and drove my dads truck which has them I was set on it. It goes through snow better than my girlfriends truck which has like billion dollar "snow and ice only" tires.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:43 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

They don't have to be 35's, but it just seems like all the tires I want (the ones I think look the best) come in 35's... So... If they fit, why the hell not buy them?

Like I said, I'm trying to get a price quote right now from a local shop... If it turns out they're going to cost me an arm and a leg, I'll just stick with street tires.

Either way, it looks like I've made up my mind to get Hankook's... I'll post pics and opinions when I get them installed.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:17 PM
Sam!
Professional

I just posted this in the the wrong post but oh well. Here is a pic of my truck with the Toyo M/T (35-12.5-18's) I have no complaits about them and was driving on Icy roads this weeekend and they held real well not one single slide out. even with the sh#ty limited slip. I was in 4wd high most of the time but weather it was braking or gasing they held well.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28148/0A51FCD62CE14238A0ACDD18DCCDFB94.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/28148/D32AB41E05924D62842219CFFA9ACBBD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-21-2006, 05:18 AM
rob[GL]
All Star

lol
that's not snow
:P

Quick Reply: Yes, ANOTHER new tire thread. Thanks for looking.