3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Yes, ANOTHER new tire thread. Thanks for looking.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2006, 05:33 PM
rob[GL]
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes, ANOTHER new tire thread. Thanks for looking.

So, I live in Canada, and unfortuantely, no local dealer can get access to Nitto Mud Grappler tires, which I have seen time and time again on this site. I hear they hold up really well, and they just look friggin' badass. I could order them online, but at approximately $300USD/each from an online store, plus $300 shipping, plus god knows how much for border taxes and ****... I would rather drive around on my bare rims. :P

So I have been looking into alternatives, so far I have narrowed it down to the following 3 choices.

BF Goodrich Mud Terrain
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.ca/bfgapp...erraintakm.jsp

Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain
http://www.toyocanada.com/products/OpenCountryMT.asp

Hankook DynaPro Mud Terrain RT03
http://www.hankooktireusa.com/produc..._ID=81&CatID=7

I am leaning towards the Hankook DynaPro MT RT03 for a couple of reasons. First of all, they are made of a more dense compound, so they will not damage or have chunks break loose if I go into some gravel or sharp rocks. Also, they will last a little longer for every day driving. The BF Goodrich's all seem to be a little too soft and the wear out too easily, other than that I love the look of them. The Toyo's have received good reviews, the only problem I have with them is the price. Overall, I like the look of the Hankook the best... The look like the BF Goodrich Mud Terrain mixed with Nitto Mud Grapplers... The center grooves and from the side. Also like I said, I'm looking for a dense compound tire, and of course price is always a factor...

Does anyone have any reason why I should chose one tire over another?

Also, I should specify that I am looking to purchase 35x12.5x20 size. I have cranked the torsion bars to get 39" from the ground to the fender well. The back measure 40" I am just hoping that with the extra 3 inches of diameter (stock tires were 32" in diameter) that there will not be any rubbing on the plastic fender wells on the front.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:28 PM
GreyGhost
All Star
Default RE: Yes, ANOTHER new tire thread. Thanks for looking.

rob, check this guy out on Ebay. Heck of a nice guy and has great prices. He may have what you're looking for. Username is wholesaletireoutlet. They provide an 800 number to call them, ask for Brad. I just bought some Toyo Open Country AT's from him for a great price over the phone. Cheap prices and shipping.

Old 02-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Stillborn
Veteran

Let me know how it turns out, I want to put 35" on my truck too, but I dont want to put a lift kit, at the moment.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:47 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

ORIGINAL: TRUCK

rob, check this guy out on Ebay. Heck of a nice guy and has great prices. He may have what you're looking for. Username is wholesaletireoutlet. They provide an 800 number to call them, ask for Brad. I just bought some Toyo Open Country AT's from him for a great price over the phone. Cheap prices and shipping.
I don't do the whole ebay thing.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:53 PM
Stillborn
Veteran

ORIGINAL: rob[GL]

ORIGINAL: TRUCK

I don't do the whole ebay thing.

Where in Canada do you live?

Old 02-19-2006, 10:47 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

Alberta. Edmonton to be more precise.

Old 02-19-2006, 11:18 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Any assess to Michelin or Bridgestone? If I recall, Michelins are made in Canada. At least the Michelins I had on another vehicle were made in Canada.

Old 02-20-2006, 02:43 AM
rob[GL]
All Star

Don't really like either of those companies...

Have decided that if I can't get some aggressive mud tires, I'll settle for these...

Hankook Ventus ST RHO6

http://www.1010tires.com/tire.asp?ti...Ventus+ST+RH06

Not going to pay the price they want on 1010tires.com though. Found them on another site for less than half.
275/55/20

Pretty close to stock.

Old 02-20-2006, 11:59 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: rob[GL]

Don't really like either of those companies...
Never mind, I was going to suggest the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos or the Michelin LTX M/S tire. The Hankooks look nice, but I have no personal experience with them.

Old 02-20-2006, 02:48 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

I saw the Bridgestone Dueler A/T on sale, but after reading some reviews, I really have my heart set on getting a pair of Hankooks. Either mud terrain or just regular street preformance tires. The reason I like Hankook so much is because my dad has been running them on his truck for years, they last forever! His best friend from when they were younger owns a mechanic shop, and it's what he sells... Also, it's what my dodge dealership recomended to me. It's just been this long since I've found 20" tires made by them.

Quick Reply: Yes, ANOTHER new tire thread. Thanks for looking.