3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2006, 04:17 PM
rcassettyjr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Muffler

Any chance you can post the exact part number flowmaster you used. Also was there anything else used other than clamps? Maybe an extension pipe or reducers? I am looking to do exactly what you did. It sounds great.

Thanks

Bob

ORIGINAL: RedSS454

I had the same dilemma, but I liked Flowmaster. Called up my local muffler shop, and he said come down and we'll take a look. He said go with the 40 Series from flowmaster. Not the Super 40, as they tend to be a little louder. Got the 40 installed with the stock resonator. At idle, it isn't much louder then stock. Cruising, its got a little drone, but nothing bad at all. At WOT, it has a nice agressive tone. I did set off one car alarm pulling away like a normal person, but I think that was freak.

Video: 40 Series & Stock Resonator

Chris

Old 10-29-2006, 01:45 AM
whitmard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Muffler

Had the rear resinator takin off and had the tail pipe exit in front of the rear tire sounds great. Wish I had it done the first time would have saved me 50 bucks

Quick Reply: Muffler