3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water dripping in front pillar

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 12:09 PM
papap
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water dripping in front pillar

Left my new Dodge Ram 1500 TRX outside the other night for the first time. We were doing some work remodeling my house and the garage was full of doors. Well it rained hard during the night. When I got in it the next morning and drove off. Water started dripping in throught the driver side front pillar post. It was coming out of the top screw hole of the oh s--t handle. lol. My wife works at a glass shop. I got the owner to pull all the trim off and take a look at it. He said it may have been coming from one of the screw holes in the trim. He put it back together with silicone around the screws. I plan on running a water hose on it today and see if this fixed the problem. Has anyone else had this problem?????

Old 02-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Dodge Leaks
Rookie
Default RE: Water dripping in front pillar

I had a 2005 Dakota that did that, as well as leaking out the plastic trim inside the door well next to the hinges, and under the dash on the passenger side. It would pool up in the headliner and then dump in my lap.

After the required 4 repair tries I lemon lawed it and Dodge bought it back for the full price. In order to get the best benefit out of the return I had to replace it with another Dodge so I am now driving a 2006 Ram 1500.

So far no leaks, although last Friday a big bolt dropped on my foot from under the dash. What the heck! The truck has 3K on it so I would have thought anything loose would have vibrated it out by now. The service manager looks at it and says it is a steering column attachment. He crawled under the dash and said it nothing is missing so it was probably extra from the factory. It does look new and has burrs on the threads as if it were never tourqed in.

GJ

Old 02-21-2006, 04:16 PM
stump_breaker
Captain

Dang! You're lucky! Most people have to pay for replacement parts and your truck came with extras already under the dash!!

Old 02-21-2006, 08:35 PM
papap
Rookie

The glass installer told me if it still leaks he will pull the windsheild and re-install it.

Old 02-22-2006, 12:47 AM
fullsizeyj

My 05 dripped on the passenger side. I was told it was the screws for the grab handle and they resealed them. No leaks since.

Old 02-22-2006, 02:04 AM
bekim
Professional

TSB 23-003-04 This covers the trouble you had.
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2004/23-003-04.htm
cheers
Bekim
###

Old 02-22-2006, 03:43 AM
lukeca
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this problem, took it to the dealer, they said the windshield wasn't sealed properly and they resealed it, that seems to have fixed it.

Quick Reply: Water dripping in front pillar