3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pics of my Hemi in the UK.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 04:11 PM
abarmby
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pics of my Hemi in the UK.

Just a few pics of my hemi, quite dirty, after a recent play in the snow, here in the UK.
The pic of the truck with the arch and the ruins on the cliff, is in Whitby North Yorkshire.
The ruins are said to have been the first landfall and resting place, of Count Dracula.
The arch is made of the jaw bone of a whale. Whitby was a famous Whaling port in the past.
The truck on the railway crossing, is taken in a place called Grosmont North Yorkshire. The village is a tiny hamlet, where they have the first railway tunnel in the world. Built by Robert Stephenson the father of steam.
The village still runs old steam loco's throughout the summer and the whole place is like taking a step back in time, to the 1930's or 40's England.
Hope you like.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24099/E2FCB5082FF24793BBE85FFD92E8691A.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/24099/29B3DEE9C38D44D1B4FAA31BCE136177.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-05-2006, 05:08 PM
romic00
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pics of my Hemi in the UK.

How much do u spend in gas a month?

Old 03-05-2006, 05:11 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

Nice pics!

Old 03-05-2006, 10:14 PM
FourSevenDakota

I lived in England for 3 years (Ipswich, Suffolk county). I can't imagine driving a full size truck through those narrow country roads. You must get alot of looks. I probably would have fell over in disbelief if I saw you coming when I was there.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:46 PM
GA Hemi
Rookie
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How did you end up with a Dodge Ram in the UK? Did you purchase the truck in the US and have it shipped to you or what? Give us some back ground... What do people in the UK think of your "massive" Dodge Ram QC?

Old 03-06-2006, 02:50 AM
silvernightmare
Veteran

I like the side flares and nice backround.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:36 AM
abarmby
Champion

I response to all of your questions, you bet I get looks [sm=jawdrop.gif].................. Disbelief is the correct word to use. Everyone from little kids to their dads (sometimes moms as well ha ha) take their camera phones out to take a quick video or picture.
It's nice, as I've talked to quite a few people now who say it's great to see something different on the roads. That's why I bought the Hemi. I was sick of all these homologated homoginised politically correct vehicles that most of the car manufacturers put out today.
Barreling along on small roads is interesting and the looks on peoples faces when I come arround the bend[sm=gears.gif] ..............priceless ha ha ha.

I bought the Ram from a guy in Nottingham who imports trucks and cars from the US about 4 months ago.
As for gas, well I did my first long run the other day. I filled up the tanks to full, which is so easy on LPG as they go to full and stop. I calculated my mileage and worked out that I was getting 30mpg+, price wise.
I was averaging 16.5mpg on the motorway at 65mph.
When you consider that petrol costs 91 pence a liter compared to 39 pence for LPG you can see the difference. Less than half price motoring.
I used to spend at least $520 a month on petrol. It's less than half that on LPG.
There might be a little performance reduction using LPG, but I honestly can't tell? I don't rag the Hemi arround to notice and if I needed to, I just push a switch and he's back on petrol no problems.
I'm going to do a service soon and will change out the plugs. I'll post with what I find, as plugs are the "eyes of the engine" and can tell a person what's happening to it.
Thanks for all your positive comments.
Al.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:42 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Nice looking backdrops. Interesting to see the Ram in some "exotic" locale. Keep us posted on your Ram adventures.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:48 AM
abarmby
Champion

Cheers ...........will do Doc.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:51 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Shouldn't you be in bed or is it early morning over there? It is 1AM EST over here, so I guess I should be in bed.

Quick Reply: Pics of my Hemi in the UK.