3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New to the forum -- I have water coming in behind the glove box after it rains

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 03:29 PM
MartySweeny
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to the forum -- I have water coming in behind the glove box after it rains

I have a 03 QC OffRoad Ram -- Lately when it rains, I get water coming in down behind my glove box. Does anyone know what could cause this. When I put a hose to just the top of the hood it does the same thing, don't even have to get the windsheild wet.

Thanks!! Marty

Old 03-16-2006, 06:22 PM
DeWalt378G
Record Breaker
Default RE: New to the forum -- I have water coming in behind the glove box after it rains

I've got a similar problem. Recently I began to notice that my driver side rocker gets damp where the carpet meets the sill plate. This can be very bad in the future, but I can't tell for the life of me where the water is coming in.

Old 03-16-2006, 07:14 PM
MartySweeny
Default RE: New to the forum -- I have water coming in behind the glove box after it rains

Mine doesn't get damp, it looks like a waterfall, I love my truck, and this is the only problem I have ever had with it.

Old 03-16-2006, 08:06 PM
prerunner
Captain

Bad seal on the window or firewall?????? Maybe from the passenger mirror...soaking in from the tube the wire run thru????
Is the warranty still good?

Old 03-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look also up on the fire wall where the PCM (computer) is located on the passenger side and make sure the wire harness grommet hasn't come loose from the hole it runs through into the cabin area---had a similar problem on an earlier dakota I had do this. Yah, it was like a waterfall through there when it rained

Old 03-17-2006, 01:34 PM
MartySweeny

I will look at all those things, and let you know. Thanks Everyone!

Old 03-17-2006, 03:56 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another thing to check is the windshield wiper transmissinn seal where it passes through the firewall

Quick Reply: New to the forum -- I have water coming in behind the glove box after it rains