3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

how much is to much

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 11:21 PM
sandiegohemi
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: how much is to much

Get rid of the hood scoops, change the wheels, get rid of the visor. Yes, some people put way too much crap on their trucks. The only thing he is missing is the chrome trim around the wheel wells and some dice in the mirror.

Old 04-02-2006, 11:46 PM
WingViper
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To each their own but...damn, man! Least it'll be unique.

Old 04-03-2006, 12:08 AM
silvernightmare
Veteran

ummmmmm...... not sure about that truck ever looking like a "muscle" truck. But you could try getting a SRT-10 hood or something like the extractor hoods from good mark (those scoops just do not go nicely with rams) and nice 20" chrome wheels, possibly drop it, get windows nicely tinted and get a sweet exhaust. I think then you are close to "muscle" status or atleast in my opinion.

Old 04-03-2006, 03:27 AM
nos4fuel
Veteran

okay, that truck is butt *** nasty. that hood looks bad, same with the visor and the rims. you need to get some subtle and tasteful mods. Maybe a subtle looking exhaust system and for god's sake, dont let him put that crap on ur back window. I'd be out there with a steamer taking that off if he did that to me. After that i would take the truck to the grocery store and buy a wet kipper and go smack him with it. They other members are right, its a ricer truck and that stuff has got to go.

Old 04-03-2006, 07:58 AM
parkersdropped03

Simply quality not quantity. I think quantity takes away from the smooth lines. Keep it clean.

Old 04-03-2006, 07:37 PM
dieselram
Captain

I think the real issue people have is theme, keep ONE (1). the visors are 18wheeler, the chrome, steelies (if not winter rims), and hood scoops are muscle car...ish, and the lift would be off-road/trail rig. If he likes a lot of stuff, maybe the off-road style would be best. You can load a ton crap on a truck before it gets to be too much (lift kits, front/rear bumpers, light guards, lights, roof rack, fender flares, tires, etc.).

Old 04-03-2006, 08:01 PM
parkersdropped03

I agree with dieselram. Theme...thats the idea.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:38 PM
nsyncfanatic03
Professional

yes im gettin the truck for free.. it sjust hes puttin like 10000 into this truck puttin every thing known to man on it.. i like the fact that he put the hemi decals on the side the dual exsaust and step.. but yall are right the wheels gotta get cfhanged.. hes putting 35s on them but keepin the rims.. hes also puttin a light bar in the front.. by the time hes done it wont beable to tow the trailer and everything will look so out of place.. im not bitching im just trying to get some ideas of what to keep and what not to when i get it..

Old 04-04-2006, 12:24 AM
Kdarmy

I dont think its so bad....If anything I'd kill the visor.

BTW...Whats all the white stuff on the ground ???

Keith
Clearwater, FL

Thats one thing about I will never miss about the north...That damn salt used on the roads in winter, it rusted out more than a few of mine when I lived up north.

Old 04-04-2006, 08:41 PM
nsyncfanatic03
Professional

lol that would be snow.. i hate the snow... when i get that truck and im back down south its def comein with me..