3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

0% Finanacing? is it Real, How Real?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 10:16 PM
jubatus
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 0% Finanacing? is it Real, How Real?

Im realy looking to buying a Dodge SLT 2500/3500 4x4.
Might buy new if this 0% interest is real. w/how many months?
Does any body have any experience with the 0%.
Also i read some one got an 06 SLT 4x4 2500 for $36,000 is that real?

Old 04-05-2006, 10:48 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: 0% Finanacing? is it Real, How Real?

They can do it in a couple of ways.
1. Must have super good credit (750+).
2. Keep the finance charges wrapped up in the cost of the vehicle (sometimes they hold back the rebates so its either rebates or finance offer, not both).
3. Chrysler financial only.

Yes, it can be done and yes it can be a good deal. Weight all of your options and see what everything is. If you have good credit, it may be cheaper to finance for 3.9% and take the rebates. Check out the online lenders, many good interest rates to be had, especially if you have good credit.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:05 PM
OJ

When I bought my wife a GMC Envoy they wanted these trucks off the lot and I got the rebates and 0% interest rate. This discount amounted to $10K off the sticker with my GM points and 60 month true zero percent financing. Hey it was a GM but wife wanted the truck, so the financing can be a really good deal.

Old 04-05-2006, 11:29 PM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

0% financing and $10,000 off sticker still couldn't get me in a Chevy

Old 04-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Mystro
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yup, Its like free money. I have bought 5 Chryslers/Jeeps at 0%. As long as you have good credit its a snap. The fastest I ever bought a car was 1.5 hours. That counted for the time it took to walk in, test drive, trade in,purchase at 0%, and drive home with a new Jeep. Why would any body pay any money or a down payment when the intrest rate is 0%?? The real bonus is all accessories that are put on the new truck are also 0% for 60months and are covered under the original warranty.

Old 04-06-2006, 12:49 AM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

My purchase took about 45 minutes - I emailed the fleet manager beforehand, he took a look at my trade, and we did the paperwork. They even included a 5 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper. I paid a little extra for gap protection, because I knew I'd be upside down on this thing for a couple years. EASIEST vehicle I ever purchased.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:02 PM
sumncguy
Veteran

I just traded ... actually back in Feb .. traded my 05 shown in the avatar for the Mega cab. My beacon came in at 723 which is above average .. should be I make a decent living ... anyway .... I could have gotten 0% for 60 months but the payment was just too high. So I opted for the 2.9% for 72 and make extra payments. This way, Im more in control should something come up within a particular month.

My wife bought a Caravan SXT she too makes a decent living ... her beacon came in at 714 and she couldnt get a rate below 7%. Once I cosigned for her (sucker that I am) she got a rate of 5%.

In both my and the wifes case. We put zero down ... wait .. Im telling stories ... I put $500 down to cover tax and tags. I just hate to finance that stuff. One other aspect of the deal was that I kept the extended Maxicare 5/100 (need the miles .. kill my trucks) out of the finance deal. Chrysler gave me a no interest deal paying the cost over 12 months. Nice deal there too !!

I guess the whole thing comes down to credit rating.

Old 04-06-2006, 01:21 PM
elevatedmind

When I got my truck it was the most stress free purchase ever! No running back and forth the numbers. I picked out my truck and asked for the 0% financing and I qualified plus I got one rebate for 1,500 bux which was nice.

Old 04-06-2006, 02:54 PM
Mystro
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2.9 for 72 months is great for 6 years. I dont thing anyone will beat theat rate.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:39 AM
sumncguy
Veteran

Heeeeck no ! Thats why I sprung. Actually, the truck in the avatar is nicer then the Mega cab. I have a 5, 8 and 15 year old. It was ok when I had just the little ones back there, but the older guy is getting tall. When towing on long hauls, I heard the norm ... "Hes touching me, Shes putting her leg on me " .... Now they got plenty of room back there. This next trip to the Hershey PA area is going to be different ... One peep from any of them and out come my persuader.

The ball peen hammer .. [8D]

Quick Reply: 0% Finanacing? is it Real, How Real?