3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Using Tow/Haul Mode Around Town

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 09:08 PM
New2Durango
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using Tow/Haul Mode Around Town

I live in a small city upstate NY, so I'm mostly doing between 25-40 around town. It seems like when I get somewhere near 40, or maybe a little over it shifts into another gear so now it's lugging and I have to mash the gas a little to get it going again. I've had my truck 2 months and just tried the Tow/Haul mode and that seems to fix the problem. I just want to know I'm not mesing anything up because I'm not towing anything. Thanks.

Old 04-09-2006, 10:50 PM
95magnumV6
Default RE: Using Tow/Haul Mode Around Town

ORIGINAL: New2Durango

I live in a small city upstate NY, so I'm mostly doing between 25-40 around town. It seems like when I get somewhere near 40, or maybe a little over it shifts into another gear so now it's lugging and I have to mash the gas a little to get it going again. I've had my truck 2 months and just tried the Tow/Haul mode and that seems to fix the problem. I just want to know I'm not mesing anything up because I'm not towing anything. Thanks.
You're not messing with anything. You just cancelling top gear.

Old 04-10-2006, 03:11 PM
wreckless123
Rookie

You could use the tow haul feature and it wont hurt anything, but it might shift a little funny. A programmer might be right for you, maybe even a custom program to suit your situation..

Old 04-10-2006, 05:45 PM
TheRedMonkey
Professional

I hit the tow haul button is low speed city driving or the parking lot, er I mean freeway in the morning and it works fine. It shuts off the OD really. Keeps the tranny from shifing 80 times.

Quick Reply: Using Tow/Haul Mode Around Town