3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

My friend gayed up his Titan

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 08:31 PM
squat
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My friend gayed up his Titan

My opinion is that those 22s are a hard look to pull off, but they do look good when you do. My truck is an '06 and mineral grey, so those white stripes yer friend had on are a no no [:-] I skimmed over the thread again so I apologize if you have already said this but, I feel, in order to make those 22s look good you'd need to lower yer truck, so they fill up the wheel well and maybe put a little more bling on there. If its the SRT hood scoop or the spoiler over the bed I don't know. The only truck's I've seen these rims on are the SRT 10s that have all of this and I think you'd need most if not all of that to pull it off.

For myself, I'm running the stock tires (31s I believe) until they need changing. I think I'll look into getting 33s then so they fill the wheel wells better. And that's only assuming someone could confirm that you can in fact readjust the speedometer to match the new size tires on an '06. My buddy just had his '03 computer flashed due to a recall (something about not being all the way in park) and the dealer had to make sure that his speedo was correct for his 35s. They said that you couldn't do that anymore on the '06s But a dealer is a dealer, and they sure as hell don't know all.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:35 PM
sandiegohemi
Veteran

ORIGINAL: nos4fuel

My friend has officially gayed up his truck. He decided that he would put the Joe Gibbs 20" 5-spokes on his truck. I've had a lot of reason to laugh at, and now I have another one. Selecting rims should match the style of the truck, these look like hell, a set of curvy 5-spokes on a curvy Japanese truck. If he has a truck like that then he needs a set of aggressivley styled rims, not more curvy, those need to be on a boxy truck to break down the aggressive styling. Having said that, I want to put the 20" SRT-10 rims on my 03 QC. What do you guys think about the Titan and about the SRT's on my truck?

In reality, the Titan is "gayed up" right off the lot!

Old 04-28-2006, 11:48 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Old 05-05-2006, 11:21 PM
RAMAGAIN
Rookie

It's just my opinion but I always thought wheels that contrast with the vehicle don't look good. I think those JG wheels look pretty nice, not that I'd mount them on my truck. Haven't a clue how they'll look on a titan, but if you say they don't contrast, I have to say they will look good to me.
As for 22s on a pickup, it's like tattoos..., everybody has one so you really have to get creative to stand out.
In other words, you'll need more than wheels to get a look.

Old 05-06-2006, 03:21 AM
reindeerman
Rookie

Nos4fuel,

I will have to go along with RobGL. No pics to support your opinion.

Many people have their own view as to what looks good or works for them. My truck is a work truck and would not suit many here on this forum. Not flashy, but not ugly either.

I propose that you post a picture of your own truck and see how others may label it.

Old 05-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Giles Grimshaw

PICS

Old 05-08-2006, 01:42 AM
busman01

i know im new to the site but i have been keeping an eye on all the forums to see what the competion is saying or heard about the vehicle i was driving at the time. i am an ex titan owner. now i drive a ram so i have no reason to make things up or blow smoke. so heres the low down on titans: they are overpriced, gas guzzling, rushed through development, street fast kind of truck. mine was the top of the line king cab or over glorified extended cab. yes the interior is nice and i know from must exprience and several sets of tires they will damn near beat any naturally aspirated v8 truck out there except for the regular cab hemi and silverado ss. but there is a price for that the drivetrain is way underrated for the race inspired motor. they threw a bunch of name brand parts under the chassis but failed to research the capabilites of those parts. it's got dana axles but on the light duty series. i managed to rip the teeth off the pinion at 25,000 miles and never towed or hauled a thing in the darn thing. and never did any neutral drops either. brakes are way to small even after they supposedly made them bigger to prevent warping but all they did was make them thicker so they can turn them more often before throwing them away. if u go to the forum you will see alot of the guys and gals had to go buy a 1300 bear brake kit to get enough stopping power. interior looks very nice but is an optical illusion. lots and lots of plastic. and the service department is a joke its like pulling teeth with them. they all act like they are doing you a favor to fix something. and GAS MILEAGE. now get this!!!!!! with my foot into it all the time i got about 11.2 miles per gallon or roughly 250 miles out of a 26 gallon tank. now driving like little old lady and i even had a few pass me, the absolute best i could get was 14 on the highway cruising at 62-65. so basically what i am trying to say is the truck is kind of show with alot of go but when it comes down to gettting down a dirty dont expect it to perform or last long. now i know there are some titan owners who are gonna say im full of bs and stuff but when it comes down to it the truck has more downs than ups. so that is basically my run down of the ever so mysterious nissan "TITAN"
P.S. I think the main reason most people hate the fron end on them is because they didnt come up with a really cool emblem for the grill/hood like american cars such as the ram head, bowtie, and the oval. something about a round circle and nissan spelled in it dont come across as intimidating. but that may just be my 2 cents

Old 05-10-2006, 03:16 AM
Daddywags
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: sandiegohemi

BRAVO!!! My thoughts exactly.

Old 05-10-2006, 03:20 AM
nos4fuel
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Daddywags

ORIGINAL: sandiegohemi

BRAVO!!! My thoughts exactly.
I can take comfort in the fact that I'm not alone in thinking that the Titan is retarded

Old 05-12-2006, 02:31 AM
1OF27
Rookie

A "gayed-up" Nissan Titan...that's kind of like putting a dress on Boy George...does it really matter???

Quick Reply: My friend gayed up his Titan