3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Killed a Z71, Again!

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 06:32 PM
silentblinder9502
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Killed a Z71, Again!

I'm sitting at the redlight and this white Chevy QC Z71 pulls up beside me. He turns up his radio and is bumping his weak *** system.My girlfriend in turn cranks mine all the way up in retatliation. All the time he is looking over at us. He motions to me that he wants to run. THe light turns green and I gun it. He did the same barking his tires. Well to make this short, at only 65 I had him by 4 car lengths. On up the road I pulled into the local gas station. He pulled in behind me. He was amazed that a 4.7 ran like that. LOL......I have removed the Hemi badge on my truck.. He realized that I was not running a 4.7 and got all pissed off and drove off. Chevy drivers amuse me.

Old 05-09-2006, 10:26 PM
2008ChallengerRT
Default RE: Killed a Z71, Again!

First of all, street racing is a very very dangerous thing to do. Why not just take the truck to the track.

Secondly, beating a Z71 is not all that much to brag about. Since your truck has the Hemi which produces 345hp, unless the Z71 you raced was a new one with the 6.0L, really it was an unfair race.

Why dont you go to the track and race something comparable to your truck, then brag about it.

Old 05-09-2006, 10:55 PM
schawks73
Professional

I agree that street racing is dangerous, but give the guy a break, im sure he was not stupid enough to race through traffic weaving in and out of cars. I would venture to guess, since they were the first at the redlight, that no one was in front of them.

As to the braging about beating a Z71, that guy thought he was racing a 4.7L, which if im not mistaken the 4.8L puts out 285hp and the 5.3L is pushing close to 300. and since the 4.7L only produces between 235-240hp stock, the Z71 should be embarrased to pick a fight with a 4.7L engine, and i think its GOOD that a HEMI busted loose to show that chebby whose boss.

Good kill, maybe he wont underestimate the non-badged truck anymore!
-David

Old 05-10-2006, 01:49 AM
DatNeggaDodge
Rookie

Dude... you beat a Z71, okay? What's the big deal? Those trucks are slow, Chevy's are really good trucks, race an SS and then post something cool.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:01 AM
Memaxie

Dude, glad to hear you wasted any Chevy. I think Chevy owners deserve a little humbling. I to the guy that said race a SS and then talke about it, raced an SS two weeks ago and beat him by a land slide. I have a 5.7 Hemi with the Superchip, Taylor 8mm racing wires, an AFE Cold Air Intake. To stop the beast, I have Powerstop crossed drilled rotors with Powerstop pads. Racing is about what you have under the hood!!

Old 05-11-2006, 01:56 AM
2008ChallengerRT

ORIGINAL: schawks73

I agree that street racing is dangerous, but give the guy a break, im sure he was not stupid enough to race through traffic weaving in and out of cars. I would venture to guess, since they were the first at the redlight, that no one was in front of them.

-David

Well, obviously he was "stupid" enough since in his post he stated that at 65mph he had the Z71 beat by four truck lengths.

A little race from 0 to the posted limit is one thing, but doing 65 on city streets is just not smart. Thats just my opinion though.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:36 PM
silentblinder9502
Professional

First of all, The light was the last light before it turned into the highway. You would have to understand my town setup. And by the way, what gives any of you the right to call me stupid. I find it hard to beleive that none of you conservatives NEVER speed around town. Never get the urge to gun it or what have you. Give me break... I was simply trying to share a story and it was ruined by you trying to lash at someone.

Old 05-11-2006, 11:40 PM
HemiMan4451
Champion

ORIGINAL: silentblinder9502

First of all, The light was the last light before it turned into the highway. You would have to understand my town setup. And by the way, what gives any of you the right to call me stupid. I find it hard to beleive that none of you conservatives NEVER speed around town. Never get the urge to gun it or what have you. Give me break... I was simply trying to share a story and it was ruined by you trying to lash at someone.
They had no right to say what they did.

Leave this man alone, he did nothing to harm you. He was simply sharing a story where he raced to 65mph. Whoa, so dangerous [:-]

Nice kill BTW

Old 05-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Rizzo20
Rookie

If it's any conciliation, I enjoyed the story. I'd also like to add before buying my Hemi, I owned a '00 Z71 reg cab stepside with a 5.3 L and it hauled ***. I sold it to my Dad and I'm not so sure he couldn't lay an *** whippin' on me with my old truck or at least give me a good run. I realize it's apples and oranges all across the board, but when I bought that Z71 new, when I was running just about any stock pickup and I hit the 96 mph speed limiter, I was in front........

Old 05-12-2006, 01:57 AM
schawks73
Professional

Well, obviously he was "stupid" enough since in his post he stated that at 65mph he had the Z71 beat by four truck lengths.

A little race from 0 to the posted limit is one thing, but doing 65 on city streets is just not smart. Thats just my opinion though.
How would you know what the speed limit is on the street he was on? If it was a low mph zone (like for instance a 25-40) then it wouldnt be smart of him to be driving at those speeds. But after reading his message again (which i could be mistaken) he doesnt clarify where he was, just said he was at a stop light. I have stop lights in my area where the speed limit is 55 and even 60 i believe. so really if that was the case then he would only be going 5-10 over. My point is you jumped to conclusions before you knew the facts... and the kid was telling a story for us to ENJOY, not to CRITICIZE...damn![:@] (Plus he ends up telling us that he was merging onto the highway from that street, so i doubt 65 heading onto an onramp to get on the highway is "dangerous")

They had no right to say what they did.
-HemiMan4451

Well, obviously he was "stupid" enough...
-2008ChallengerRT

...im sure he was not stupid enough...
-Me (schawks73)

In his defense, I said he wasn't stupid enough to begin with, so he was only contradicting what I said, and even though we were talking ABOUT you, he wasn't directing it to you...

Well thats finally done, i just wish that people would only have something nice to say, AT LEAST ON HERE, otherwise if people keep on getting cut down when they say something, noone would be apart of this forum... just my $.02.
-David

Quick Reply: Killed a Z71, Again!