3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Mopar CAI

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 11:31 PM
dRam2500CT
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mopar CAI

I was thinking about buying a CAI, and since I still have a lot of warranty left, I'm looking at the Mopar CAI.

I'll call my dealer to make sure its OK if I install myself, I doubt they'll have a problem with it, I just want to make sure I have all basis covered.

Anyone have the Mopar CAI on their Hemi? Any noticable differences? Most importantly - is it worth the $330?

Old 05-12-2006, 02:05 AM
schawks73
Professional
Default RE: Mopar CAI

I really cant help you on the Mopar CAI, for for 330 you can buy AIRRAM's CAI, Power Wire, and Jet Stream Scoop SHIPPED and still have a few bucks in your pocket. You car will perform better, sound better, look better (under the hood) and i would venture to guess that many people that have it would agree with me.

On the point of voiding your warrenty, it shouldnt, but if the dealership said it would, and you want to stay safe with it, then do what you got to do. 330 is REALLY HIGH for a CAI, most running in the 220-280 range, with some of the cheapo ebay ones which run like 20-50ish (which have good and bad reviews from our members) so i think that a nice little chunk ($50 or more) would be going to "not voiding your warrenty." but i think its all a bunch of [:'(]

Sorry couldnt help you on specifics, just throwing in my $.02,
-David

Old 05-12-2006, 04:15 AM
hemistyle
Professional

i have a mopar cai, i think it looks cool. it's all mopar. you can find it cheeper then $330. look around. here's the part # P4510920. here a pic of mine. http://www.rumblebee.org/download.php?id=9433

[IMG]local://upfiles/29497/5583839E8E604D2DA16CDB6CF3626F66.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-12-2006, 07:36 AM
teachnlessons

AEM MAKES THE MOPAR CAI'S.. CHECK THEM OUT TOO.. YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO FIND IT A LITTLE CHEAPER JUST BECAUSE OF THE NAME.. THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME PRODUCT JUST WITH A DIFFERENT NAME ON THEM.. MOPAR GETS A LOT OF THEIR PRODUCTS MADE BY OTHER COMPANYS, SO SOMETIMES IF YOU JUST DO A LITTLE LOOKING AND ASKING AROUND YOU CAN SAVE A LOT OF MONEY.. I HAVE THE AEM CAI AND I THINK IT IS WORTH EVERY PENNY.. SOUNDS REALLY REALLY GOOD.. GOOD LUCK TO YOU.. AND GET AN EXHAUST TO COMPIMENT THAT CAI

Old 05-12-2006, 12:53 PM
eltupac
All Star

Yeah dude, just like their oil filters. They are made by Purolator, but you pay more becuase it says Mopar.

Old 05-12-2006, 05:05 PM
dRam2500CT
Rookie

I understand that they get parts made from other companies, point is I'm trying to keep everything under warranty on my truck Mopar.

I'd love to get a K&N or AEM or Airram but I don't want any troubles with the dealership, they've been good to me thus far. I currently have 17k miles on my truck and 4 years of powertrain warranty left.

Thanks for the replies I'll check with my dealership about AEM.

Old 09-16-2007, 11:37 PM
kingin

I just installed my aem cai and was wondering did I have to take it out everytime I take my truck in for service?
I have the lifetime warrenty and the extended warrenty and wouldnt like it to be voided.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:10 AM
prerunner
Captain

At my dealership, if u buy it thru them and have them install it. It gets added to the factory warranty.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:20 AM
Brother Rob
Retired Moderator

I have one and had the dealership install it. I didn't want the headache with the warranty, either. I like it. It is an AEM w/ Mopar label. I wouldn't see any issue with a self-install, but I'd check with the dealer first. Then, check another dealer. One might lie to you, to get your $$$ for them installing it.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:34 AM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Brother Rob

I have one and had the dealership install it. I didn't want the headache with the warranty, either. I like it. It is an AEM w/ Mopar label. I wouldn't see any issue with a self-install, but I'd check with the dealer first. Then, check another dealer. One might lie to you, to get your $$$ for them installing it.
its true never take one places word for it but i couldnt see a problem its just an intake....

Quick Reply: Mopar CAI