3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Badge Painting?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 04:55 AM
oppie311
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Badge Painting?

I have a red QC with a black tool box. I'm not a fan of chrome (don't know why, just a personal preference), so I am considering a couple mods...
1. I'm thinking about powder-coating my stock 20's black
2. I would like the badges to be black rather than chrome to match the rims so... In order to get them powder-coated, do I have to remove the badges currently on the truck, buy new ones, have those painted, then placed on the truck or can I get them painted while still on the truck?

Also, this idea is still in the planning stages and I've never seen this done before, so what do ya'll think? Would black rims and badges look good on a red QC or would it look too "ricer?"

Old 05-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Mystro
Captain
Default RE: Badge Painting?

Buy new badges and have a body shop paint to match your wheels. The cost will be worth the extra quality look. Nothing worse than a nice truck with a have *** mod on it.

Old 05-13-2006, 03:05 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Hmmmm.... I'm not sure about all black wheels. Perhaps just the daisy powdercoated and leave the small lip shiny. I don't know, something to off-set it a bit. I think all-black wheels with black tires would just be a bit too much. Maybe a gray or so would be a better offset, with black accessories such as step bars and such. I like the idea of the blacked out badges. Someone else on here did that already, and it looked pretty sweet. Like you, I'm not a fan of chrome. I want to vomit when I see a truck where it looks like the owner went and bought every chrome accessory in the parts catalogs they could find! I don't wash my motorcycle regularly, either! [:-]

Old 05-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you get the all black wheels then get some raised white letter tires (or white walls lol) to offset it a lil bit. my neighbor just got some black rims on his 04 3500 dually and he got some of the tires witht he raised white letters on em and they look really nice

Old 05-13-2006, 09:04 PM
HemiBuell
Captain

Somebody on this board painted his badges, they looked real good. He recently posted pictures, I think it was on a dark gray truck. Maybe a search could pull these up.

Old 05-14-2006, 02:56 PM
oppie311
Veteran

Somebody on this board painted his badges, they looked real good. He recently posted pictures, I think it was on a dark gray truck.
I remember that thread. Any idea what the subject title is, I'm drawing a blank. Do I have to order the new badges from the stealership or is there another way?

I like the idea of leaving the outside rim of the rim (nice grammar huh) chrome. I'm picturing the truck with all black wheels and black sidewalls and it just looks goofy.

Old 05-14-2006, 03:56 PM
HemiBuell
Captain

This is not my truck, found the picture somewhere on one of the boards. This is what I plan on doing with mine.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18043/46EA949B3D6949F5A9A5BFED8C65FE2B.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Badge Painting?