3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flowmaster Cat-back

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 06:08 AM
BgBluRam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flowmaster Cat-back

ORIGINAL: Rizzo20

I have a Flowmaster -17397 kit that uses a 50 series H.D. muffler. You have the option of running the tips straight out the back or to 45 deg them out just behind the rear tire on both sides. I've heard the 50 series HD isnt as loud as the 40 series and other 50 series as well. At first when I heard mine I thought it was too loud, after a friend of mine did a few drive by's with it, I realized it was perfect. It's so hard to judge what people think are too loud or not loud enough. I love my system and have no regrets, came with some awesome stainless tips that have "Flowmaster" embedded on the ends.
Yep I just installed mine today. I got the pipes straight out the back. It sounds really good, and perform even better! The stock exhaust is very restrictive, and this really opened it up. Next will be the CAI and power wire, cannot wait to see how it runs. I got the Truck Series 50 Muffler. Very quiet at idle, but growls at WOT.. Very happy with it, took about 2 and a half hours to install.

Old 05-25-2006, 05:49 PM
DubadubDodge
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Flowmaster Cat-back

I have a 3 chamber flowmaster with a 4" tip on my 03 QC hemi. Also have a full CAI and chip. It sounds great just cruising and really has a scream to it at WOT. Flowmaster is the standard and your guaranteed not to be dissappointed.

Quick Reply: Flowmaster Cat-back