3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Least Favorite Mods/Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2006, 07:30 PM
HedleyLamarr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Least Favorite Mods/Accessories

gah! I just saw a black single-cab 1500 with chrome door handles and gold Dodge lettering and emblems...and it was being driven by a skinny bald old nerdy looking guy

Old 06-04-2006, 07:56 PM
silvernightmare
Veteran

tribal graphics, rainbow tint, lifted city drivers and super low trucks (so low they scratch on everything).

Old 06-04-2006, 08:18 PM
ce2flaco
Veteran

ORIGINAL: DevilsReject

I also dont like the chrome handles/chrome flares people put on their trucks/cars. I think it looks cheap. It can be done tastefully, but very rarely have I ever seen it that way.

I really, really, really hate seeing a truck that is all blinged out and then has a brush guard, a towing winch, and all the off road accessories. It's like a rapper turned hunter bought the truck or something. Looks really stupid. I like lowered, hooked up trucks, but not when they are done all stupidly. You dont lower a truck and then slap a brushguard on it

I also dont like the mouth grill covers either...they look stupid....and serve no purpose whatsoever....except to waste money on...

My final and biggest dislike of trucks/accessories.....is people who trick out a truck for offroading purposes...big tires, lift, etc etc....and its a freaking drive way/street queen. They never take it off road and its a daily driver....its like WTF is the point?!?!?! It's one thing to do all that work to a truck and you drive it like every other weekend...ok I can see that...but your driving that truck to and from work on like a 50 mile round trip commute and you dont ever take it offroad but maybe once in a very very very blue moon....its retarded!
Preach on! My feelings exactly. A pavement princess gets a laugh out of me every time. I especially love 8" blocks under the rear springs. That's gonna hold up.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:16 AM
RAMAGAIN
Rookie

I initially opened this topic in hopes to find some useful information on mods/accessories that don't perform as advertised, or were of such poor quality that they were qualified as, "least favorite".

Looks like I touched a nerve there, well good! Since this topic isn't very large yet I can't say it's a colossal waste of server space, but it certainly was a waste of my time and I thought I'd share my thoughts on that.

I thought you weren't trying to "rip on anyone". I can't tell you how many galleries I've seen with all these things. Wonder how some of these (upwards or 300 reads now) people feel about some of you bashing them, yes you're bashing BTW, on a truck that you all also own. Should everyone follow what your opinions about how their trucks should look or function like??? Where do we live, in Russia???

I don't have any of the gear you guys are discussing but wouldn't mind a lift kit and offroad wheels/tires for some muddin' and a more agressive stance. Even still, I don't feel your rips are a personal attack on me. I just think someone should point out that accessorizing is a matter of personal taste and noone should have to justify that or even bother to read crap like this about what you feel about their taste (or lack thereof, in your opinions) in choosing accessories they put on their trucks.

Hardley, go get your "flame job" done on your truck and be original...
...not that flames on a cruiser is original???

Vagina?, that's a matter of personal definition, I guess I fit yours. Please don't generalize me with "everyone" though, 'cause like I said before, more people had enough sense not to reply to your topic.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:34 AM
ce2flaco
Veteran

Ramagain> If we lived in Russia (pre 80's anyway) we wouldn't be allowed to have a thread like this.

It's all a matter of opinion guy. No harm no foul. If a person is required to be uber "pc" in every facet of life then what's the pont? I personally like the fact that guys can throw it out there and not have to worry about getting their hand slapped.

I don't like chrome door handles and lifted trucks on 35's that never see dirt and i'm entitled to that opinion.
If you don't agree with me...who cares? I don't.

All i'm saying is, get out of your own way and allow others to ramble on and spout giberish as much as they like. That's the beauty of this forum, if you don't click the thread you won't have to read it. I don't bother opening even half of them.

As for the "vagina" comment...i agree that it was out of line and in poor taste.

My two cents for what they are worth.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:04 AM
GotHemi?
Professional

Calvin pissing on anything and the confederate flag. Especially if you live up north, like Indiana. These are the calling cards of a douche bag.

Old 06-05-2006, 12:14 PM
abarmby
Champion

I hate! all these bogus claims from manufactures saying, Buy this gadget NOW !!!!, it saves this or that amount of fuel.
You know, fuel magnets, throttle body swirlers or whatever you call them etc.
Total CRAP.
Al.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:33 PM
jeffjs
Professional

I agree with a lot of the above, but I'll list all of the things I dislike:

- any additional vehicle make/model stickers above and beyond what the manufacturer puts on
- plastic/chrome mirror and door handle covers
- slammed 4 x 4's
- LED light bar under the tailgate
- billet fuel filler door
- nylon web instead of a tailgate
- vent visors (funcational, but so ugly)
- wrong offset wheels that make a truck look like a roller skate
- not a mod, but I really dislike "I love my _ _ _ _ _" stickers (usually a breed of dog)

And things I like:

- tonneau covers
- side steps
- Bazooka bass tubes (add a little bass to any stereo and take up minimum amount of space)
- tinted windows
- programmer (but I'm too cheap to buy a Superchips)
- higher output head/fog lights - extra/more lighting is always a good thing
- windshield mounted GPS device
- bed rugs (would have gotten one, but my truck had a liner from the factory)
- winches (don't have one, always wanted one, never really needed one)
- a simple mod, but I put blind-spot mirrors on every vehicle I've ever had

Old 06-05-2006, 01:48 PM
New2Durango
Professional

I was in Myrtle Beach in April and I saw this guy with a early 70s Chevy pickup truck. The pickup truck was worth about $500 and this guy put 24s on it. That had to be the dumbest truck I've seen.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:58 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I saw the other day a new 06' quad Cab driving down the road that was slammed riding on what appeared to be maybe 13's with the tires stuck out about 8". I just about got out of my truck and shot the guy. YUCK!!!!!

Quick Reply: Least Favorite Mods/Accessories