3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

new engine

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 12:30 PM
matsram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: new engine

hey guys. i ended up buying the 5.7 because of all the problems of trying to make the injection work to having to find a tranny to handle all the extra power. the reason the motor failed was i was climing a steep hill and really working it when i reached the top it was just about staight down i was in 4 low and letting the engine slow me down with the brakes about 40 foot from level ground me and my buddy loud crunch and the truck started to roll faster at the bottom we all noticed oil spuwing from back side of the front axle i thouht it was an axle but the next morning is when i got told what the issue was with the truck a freind had at his house and had started early in the day and me and him pulled it out the last post was me deciding on what engine to go with. it is now got about 1200 miles on the new motor and running well i would think in the future about a turbo like sts but not sure how they do sumerged in mud and nitrous isn't my game.thanks guys for all your advice.

Quick Reply: new engine