3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

does anyone else like their Hemi this much?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 08:20 PM
nos4fuel
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default does anyone else like their Hemi this much?

Guys, I dont know what Dodge did with the 3rd Gen rams but I cant leave the one i drive alone. I just want to drive it all the time. Does anyone else find this? I cant get out of it, even after driving it for 3 hours I still want to drive it even more. Please tell me guys, do you feel the same way? I cant believe this, I mean, I have driven Mercedes, Fords, Chevys (I liked Fords more), Hondas, Subarus, and a lot more even though I'm young but the Ram Hemi is one of my favorites. I just cant leave the truck alone. I'd like to know what you guys think because to me, this truck is just way too much fun to drive.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:30 PM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran
Default RE: does anyone else like their Hemi this much?

same thing here i work for a car rental company and drive everything we have and still like my ram over the new cars, suv's, and premium cars we have. their just nothing like driving my truck down the road for any distance, i usually end up taking mine where ever i go even with friends and they say well take theirs im like no lets take mine cause then i can drive some more.. by far i would have to say that this is the best truck built ever in my opinion...

Old 06-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Max00racer
Veteran

haha yea im the same...ever since i got the thing i always offer to drive everywhere. Too bad the gas prices are eating holes in my pockets.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:04 AM
nos4fuel
Veteran

its worth it isnt it? I love driving the Hemi.

Old 06-13-2006, 01:45 AM
RamFreak
Veteran

I love my Hemi, I had a 99 Ram with a 5.9 before my 06. Was a great truck but no where near the power of the HEMI.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:03 AM
sexyHEMI 81

dude I hear ya. I work late hours at the hospitol. Theres nothing like hearing that hemi at 4:00 in the morning.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:26 AM
tamuccmike
Veteran

all i have to say is f u c k yeah....i will never sell this truck...it will be my classic, like when you see guys driving around in an older (nicely kept) truck....yeah...and it's a hemi, totally awesome!

Old 06-13-2006, 03:51 AM
HoustonHEMI
Professional

Alright, call me the devil's advocate but I have to disagree with all of you. Don't take me wrong, I enjoy driving my 06 but it doesn't come close to how I felt about my 2004.

The 2004 was quicker off the line and as far as handling, it's apples to oranges over the 2006. If I had it to do over I would have kept the 04 for just plain driving enjoyment. Hell, even the Infinity sound system sounded better in the 04.

What I do like about the 06 is the looks, more define and classy. I really don't care about how "Bad" it looks. Being close to 49 years old and single, the 2006 Laramie is better suited when entertaining refined ladies on dates. Another plus for the 2006 is the quietness. This thing is quiet, almost lke a car. That's something I have grown to enjoy but that's about it.

So that's my take on it. I'd go with the pre-2006 models for handling, agility, and quickness while I have to give the 2006 kudos for looks, comfort, and quietness.

I actually believe my 2005 Ford F250 4X4 with the diesel is faster off the line than the 2006 Dodge. That's pretty bad and it get's better gas mileage.

H.H.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:37 AM
cbrewer954
Professional

I love my '03 hemi.. I drive it everywhere. Even with the rediculous gas prices here in So. Cal.. I put the CAI in on Saturday, now I can't lay off the pedal. It makes such a killer sound when it breathes deep..
I love it..

Old 06-13-2006, 03:48 PM
nos4fuel
Veteran

I drive an 03, I haven't driven the 06's or anything but the 03 is about a fun as it gets. It doesnt need to handle like a race car or take off like a rocket, for a truck its just plain fun to drive. I have no idea why they're so much fun but its a lot of fun to drive and I cant seem to get out of it. Its great and thats all there is to it.

Quick Reply: does anyone else like their Hemi this much?