3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Week one with new rotors and pads.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 01:44 AM
PyRoHAvoC
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Week one with new rotors and pads.

ORIGINAL: BgBluRam

I have notcied a little shake to the truck when softly applying the pedal... Is warped rotors a common thing?
apparently so ... i've had enough of this crap and am replacing am replacing my setup with brembo rotors and hawk pads ... have to resurface the rotors every oil change is crap

Old 07-11-2006, 10:35 AM
motorhead426
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Week one with new rotors and pads.

ORIGINAL: Poss357

I agree! How many times have you had to take the wheel off only to find out that the last idiot that put them on when buying new tires put them on with an air compressor and you literraly have to be Superman to get the nuts off??? And HEAVEN help you if you don't have a 4 way lug wrench handy and are dressed in some nice clothes. Nothin I hate more than getting dirty when you can avoid it!!!
That is why I NEVER take my vehicle to a shop for tires. I ALWAYS just drop off the rims and let them mount the new rubber on the rims. Besides it gives me a chance to do a lil inspection with the wheels off.

I also agree with the statement about drilled/slotted rotors cracking. I've read that most real race teams that have cars that come with these types of rotors (like Porche) just install solid rotors. I've always used regualr rotors, and have been happy so far. Hope the aftermarket rotors work good for you!

Quick Reply: Week one with new rotors and pads.