3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: A poll
Keep the truck
20.45%
trade the truck in
79.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Dealership crash my truck

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 02:47 PM
2005DODGERAm
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dealership crash my truck

[:@]Friday afternoon a good buddy of my dad that is a attorney went to the dealership with us and is threatening to take legal action against them.......They just want to replace what they call the skin on the door.. we want a new door and a new paint job all they way around.....o yea we did not even authorize the dealership to begin work on the truck so thats another thing.[:@]

Old 06-24-2006, 09:21 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you have things on the right track. It is unfortunate that you have to threaten with legal action to get what should already be rightfully yours, but that is just how it is.

The dealer would have taken yours in on trade, then fixed it up at there cost, nearly 1/2 of what they will quote you, and then sell it as near new, with fresh paint all around, and you buying a new truck from them to boot.------Go Get Em!!!!

Fortunately, there are still some good dealers out there, it just seems like they are hard to find these days.

Old 06-24-2006, 10:58 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

the bad thing is that once you start threatening a dealer with legal action you have pretty much shot yourself in the foot as far as negotiations go. I would say that you had a fairly good position before your lawyer buddy got involved but now you will probly have to get the truck fixed, hassle with the bodyshop to make sure it looks right and deal with whatever legal recourse that you may or may not have once it is all said and done. I personally would have gone with the trade-in scenario, thereby avoiding any future headaches with shoddy repairs and insurance issues w/future valuation problems of the wrecked ride. After all, even though I find the looks of the front end of the new '06 trucks somewhat appalling the overall truck is still better than your '05 model so you would have come out better as long as your payments ended up about the same and the amount of debt was also similar. Good luck with it...

Old 06-24-2006, 11:07 PM
nos4fuel
Veteran

ORIGINAL: vipersforsale

the bad thing is that once you start threatening a dealer with legal action you have pretty much shot yourself in the foot as far as negotiations go. I would say that you had a fairly good position before your lawyer buddy got involved but now you will probly have to get the truck fixed, hassle with the bodyshop to make sure it looks right and deal with whatever legal recourse that you may or may not have once it is all said and done. I personally would have gone with the trade-in scenario, thereby avoiding any future headaches with shoddy repairs and insurance issues w/future valuation problems of the wrecked ride. After all, even though I find the looks of the front end of the new '06 trucks somewhat appalling the overall truck is still better than your '05 model so you would have come out better as long as your payments ended up about the same and the amount of debt was also similar. Good luck with it...
gotta agree there man. Try repealing the charges in exchange for the deal that you had on the 06 ride. I'm sorry man but vipersforsale is right. Do it man, try and get the deal back because your truck is screwed, they wont do you a good deal on any repairs because its at cost to them without the option of making profit. If you were to give them the truck, the only way they would be able to make profit is to make the necessary repairs at cost and then sell the truck. Thats why they wont deal you on repairs, try and trade it dude, try. Good luck man.

Old 06-24-2006, 11:51 PM
2005DODGERAm
Professional

Well i want to get a actual amount for the replacement door and paint job>...when they tell me that it would cost $6000(Just a guess i have no clue) to replace the door and paint all around. Then i will mention that if they beat a locals competitors price of a $17,460(its not a hemi) i would take it.

I mean look at it from the dealers point of view would they rather give me a good deal on a new truck or spend $$$$ replacing the door and a new paint job?? I think that it will work out ok...and if it those not o well i love my 2005 ram anyways.....we have a meeting setup Tuesday morning with the general manger of the dealership...

Old 06-30-2006, 01:28 PM
2005DODGERAm
Professional

[sm=closed.gif]

Quick Reply: Dealership crash my truck