3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

20" rims

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 09:14 PM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 20" rims

hey guys

what were the differences between the 20"s for the 2002-2005 years, i remember like two or three different 20"s..

thanks for any help

Old 06-22-2006, 03:13 AM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran
Default RE: 20" rims

anyone please help

Old 06-24-2006, 08:58 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

AFIK there were two different styles of 20" wheels for '02-'05; "chrome clad" and "polished aluminum". Both are "daisy" style. The new "5-spoke" wheels came out in '06 with the new front end.

Is this what you were looking for?

Old 06-25-2006, 06:12 AM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran

your in the area but whats the difference between chrome clad and polished aluminum or is their even a big difference im lookin to get the 20"s and just wanna get the best ones (longevity, easy to polish etc.) thanks

Old 06-25-2006, 09:15 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Chrome Clad are your basic steel wheels with a plastic chrome "hubcap". Polished Aluminum are just what it sounds like...cast aluminum wheels that are polished. If you honestly didn't know (and it sounds like you honestly didn't, so it's all good), then you'd never tell the difference that the chrome clad is just a plastic cover. It looks good and looks like a real chromed rim. There were discussions on here about a year ago with people just realizing/being informed of this, and they were stunned!

The aluminum wheels aren't as "blingy", but can be highly polished if you are so inclined to a bling on-par with chrome! I'd say that they aluminum wheels are harder to take care of, as they require a bit of polish and elbow grease every so often, whereas the chrome are just wash and go. I personally prefer the more "subtle" look of aluminum.

For some reason, the CC wheels sell for more stock and seem to have a higher resale value (steel wheels over aluminum???). Can't explain that one. It's all mental marketing, me thinks!

Hope that helped!

*EDIT* FWIW, I've got a set of aluminum 20's and tires for sale. PM me for more. I just need to get them out of my dining room!

Old 06-25-2006, 06:09 PM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran

thanks man thats the info i needed

Quick Reply: 20" rims