3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lamp out light!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 03:10 AM
BgBluRam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lamp out light!

Hey all, a few months ago a tail light went out in my Ram, I took it in and they replaces all of the lights in each tail light assy (Qty. 6) I believe. I was on my drive home from Havisu when my Lamp out light comes on on the dash, and the chime started going off. The bulbs were replaced about 6 mos. ago, and this has just started happening. When I am driving around town it doesnt do it, but if I get on the highway for about 20 miles or so, it will start to chime and wont stop until I press the brake pedal, then it will stop for a little while longer and start in again. What could this be? All my lights are working, none of the bulbs are burnt out. Could it be a loose connection? Help!!!

Old 06-24-2006, 12:06 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Lamp out light!

You did have someone check your brake lights, right? That's where mine was....

Old 06-25-2006, 02:28 PM
NYPANAMA
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That happens, from time to time. When i had the problem, and i changed mine, i noticed that the dash lights were still coming on.
this went on for a couple of miles. I guess the computers brain, hasn't realized that the bulbs were changed.
Also have someone stand behind the vehicle, and make sure the brake lamp is also working.
Hope this was of some help.

Old 06-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Kevno6
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also have the boards checked out on your taillights. The bulbs go into sort of a curcuit board in the taillight. I had one go had sort of the same problem.

Quick Reply: Lamp out light!