3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Honest Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006 | 04:37 PM
macremo98
Rookie
Default RE: Honest Opinions Please

Tough call. I wish I had your problems! Seriously though, I'd go with the bed liner, especially if you don't have one now. You get to throwing all those deer back there and your bound to scratch the crap out of it, then you've got other issues to deal with. Whichever you do choose to go with though, I'm sure you'll be happy.

Old 06-22-2006 | 06:22 PM
jrsick
All Star

ORIGINAL: Ramman21

ORIGINAL: jrsick

I'll be the one guy to say go with an upgraded radio. You'll get more hours of enjoyment and use out of it than any of the others. I upgraded my system and was surprised at the difference. Rams are fun to drive as it but a good sound system makes it better.

That may be true in some cases but I plan to trade my 03 in..in about 2 years. Thats the use i would get out of the radio. I know that a bedliner helps trade in but a radio really doesnt. Am i right??
Somehow I get the feeling that you've already made up your mind, but I'll keep this going anyway The great thing about a new CD player is that you can get the MP3/WMA units for around $120 and put your entire music collection on one CD. I've got 320 songs on one and it's not full yet. It's hard to knock a bedliner, but I don't know what the heck you expect to shoot with a pistol, except your foot maybe. So, if you get the pistol you won't need the bedliner cause there won't be any carcasses thrown back there.

Old 06-22-2006 | 06:40 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Well, let's see. I'm assuming that you are going for a new Ruger SR 44mag in stainless with the 6" barrel or so. Then, depending on whether you like optics on a handgun, you'd have to get some nice glass to put on top. Now were talking in excess of 1G. If it were me, I'd rank it this way

1. Bedliner
2. Handgun
3. Radio

I've been wanting a nice Ruger SR, but since I just bought a Kimber CDP not too long ago, I doubt the wife would go for that

Old 06-22-2006 | 07:50 PM
NYPANAMA
Rookie

I would conside the bedliner. But then again that's just me.

Old 06-22-2006 | 08:35 PM
dodgediva

Old 06-22-2006 | 10:39 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker

What Doc said. Your truck can get you to more places for a long time. You already have numerous long arms. If you're concerned about protection while pushing through the bush, take a 12 ga with #00 shot. It works for black bear, it will certainly stop a hog in its tracks.

Good Hunting!!!!!!

Old 06-22-2006 | 11:56 PM
raidermike67
Veteran

I faced a similar dilemma. Do I get a new Ram 1500 or the new Bombardier Renegade 800 ATV being released this fall? I'll tell ya, was NO easy decision.....I commiserated for two weeks trying to talk myself out of getting the Ram but the price was SO awsome I simply couldn't pass it up.

Now I don't PLAN on getting that Renegade but MIGHT consider the Outlander 650.

I need a pistol too, had a Ruger .22 military target pistol my grandfather gave me a LONG time ago and after moving last year I've never been able to find it. Mainly I want something so when I'm on long trips hauling my quads and decide I might need a nap, I feel a bit more secure.

Old 06-23-2006 | 12:13 AM
Ramman21
|
Professional

ORIGINAL: jrsick

Somehow I get the feeling that you've already made up your mind, but I'll keep this going anyway The great thing about a new CD player is that you can get the MP3/WMA units for around $120 and put your entire music collection on one CD. I've got 320 songs on one and it's not full yet. It's hard to knock a bedliner, but I don't know what the heck you expect to shoot with a pistol, except your foot maybe. So, if you get the pistol you won't need the bedliner cause there won't be any carcasses thrown back there.

No I have not made my mind up, thats why im asking you guys. As far as waht to shoot, with the 7.5" barrel on this one, it will kill a deer or hog at a 100 yards no problem. The 44 mag is a powerful gun and I dont see a point in the s&w 460 xvr or 500. Mp3 is not an issue with me. I find it more annoying to flip through that many tracks. The system would be cd player, replacing door speakers and if there is enough left over a sub. Thanks for all the input, im still on the fence

Old 06-23-2006 | 01:54 AM
sumncguy
Veteran

Hey Ramman21 .... the 44 isnt made for hunting Deer or Hog ... wont be much meat left. Get the gun and take a trip to Africa or Asia and go for some real big game ... Elephant maybe ... you may need to hit it twice, maybe even 3 times .. but there will be plent of meat left over ...

Old 06-23-2006 | 06:31 AM
silvernightmare
Veteran

get the liner because it is the cheaper of the three and then you can get your 44 relatively soon after.

Quick Reply: Honest Opinions Please