3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Honest Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 11:20 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Honest Opinions Please

The Ruger SR with the 7.5" barrel would make for a fine deer handgun. But I think the cost of it is what would make the decision, for me at least.

May I suggest a good lever carbine in 45/70 and the bedliner? You can get a good used lever carbine for cheap and a little more if you go new. For less than $1K, you'd be able to get both. Now I call that a win-win situation

Old 06-23-2006, 12:54 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Honestly though have any of you thrown a deer that bleeding like a stuck pig in the back of a truck with a bedliner? Even if you gut it and skin it right away in the field its still gonna bleed all over the place and you can rarely get the blood to wash off it! and if your hunting in the desert like I do you'ld know that it is damn near impossible to wash off after it bakes on! At least without the liner you can take a buffer to it and get it off with house hold chemicals and polishes. and yes it is noticeable on a black liner

Old 06-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Ramman21
Professional

Just an update... I spoke to a guy at a local Pawn shop and he will order the super redhawk for me for 529 and I can just pay however, whenver and he will order it when all is paid. Because of this I am going to get the bedliner first. Got priced at 350 sprayed over the rails (cant beat that for line-x) and then Im just going to give him whatever i can for the next month and half or so. I picked up a second job that is just seasonal employment for extra money to help pay for all this and a down payment on an engagement ring (will finance the rest, shes too high maintanence to pay for the whole thing for what she wants). I reall appreciate all of the input and its nice to see a variety of answers but the reasons you gave why influenced me the most. Thanks again

Quick Reply: Honest Opinions Please