3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Feedback needed...

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 11:58 PM
TagsToy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback needed...

Hello all,

So, I recently got hitched (yay!) but now with a lot our wedding-related expenses, I'm starting to think it may be wise to get rid of some of my toys (boo!).

Anyway, I am the proud owner of a 2005 PowerWagon. I'm considering selling it, but I don't really think KBB or NADA are as accurate as they could be (especially given the spike in gas prices). Here are the details:

Regular cab
5-speed automatic
<8000 miles
Deluxe cloth seats
Power drivers seat
Mopar rock rails
...and I think that's about it (I assume everything else is standard)

What do y'all think I could potentially get for it? And don't sugarcoat it - as fellow dodge fanatics, what do you think would be realistic? Yes, WE all know it's a PowerWagon. But to the rest of the world, sometimes I think it's just seen as a 3/4 ton pickup w/ big tires. :-)

I'm not 100% set on selling, because frankly, I really, really, really like it a lot. But at the end of the day, I'm starting to realize that I just don't drive it (and it's an awful lot of vehicle to just be "sitting").

Thanks in advance - your feedback is appreciated!

Old 06-23-2006, 10:40 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: Feedback needed...

If you are an average consumer; chances are that you are upside down on your vehicle, especially if you bought new. Personally, I'd keep it. You'd have to move into a whole new class of vehicle to make your payement drop drastically. Everytime you climb into your econowagon you'll be kicking yourself and wishing you had your PW back.

Now to answer your actual question, low 20's is about what you'll get for that truck. Sure they can move numbers around to make it appear more, but that is a realistic number.

Old 06-23-2006, 01:04 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

I agree I wouldnt sell it. But hypothetically if you do you would probably get around the mid-low 20's for it. The only other thing is that because you would be trading in a new vehicle that you probably just took a loan out for it maybe 6-7months ago its gonna screw with your next vehicle payments, insurance, and your credit line too if your not carefull. My feonce`s brother went through 5 vehicles in 1 month, his payments on his current car are at least double if not tripple the cost of a normal payment and his insurance also jumped ALOT too. So whatever you do just make sure you look at eveything and weigh the cost vs what your gonna lose first and find out if anything is gonna jump in price due to trading it in.....

Old 06-23-2006, 01:32 PM
SLTTRX4

Go to www.KBB.com you can get a good idea.

Old 06-26-2006, 04:45 PM
TagsToy

Thanks for the input - I certainly appreciate it!

Fortunately, I'm not 'upside down' (thanks to a big down payment), but I am aware that I will take a loss - it's just a question of how much. No trade-ins here though - just outright selling it.

Anyway, I'm still on-the-fence. More than likely it's going, but I may push it until Fall/Winter. I'm up in PA, and although I'll still be losing money, I'd like to think 4WD may be a little more valuable once the snow comes...

Thanks again!!

Old 06-26-2006, 05:09 PM
DCXgageman
Veteran

ARE YOU NUTS!! I've had mine around 9 months with 2000 miles on it. It will only be sold if I move into a diesel, even then it is questionable. The axles alone are worth the expense.
But you seem like your mind is made up. When you're in your civic and you see your old truck in your rear view mirror, don't get bummed out. Just think of the financial loss you took and think about how off-road you can go in your frugal ride.

Quick Reply: Feedback needed...