3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help Plz!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 04:40 AM
t3k187
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Plz!!

Ok so I went out and bought a new ram and want to transfer my cd player but the design is totally different. Iwas wondering if someone could help me and tell me how to access the cdplayer. Old ram was easy 1 screw and pull this new one i have no idea.

Thx for the help.

Old 06-26-2006, 04:13 PM
BlkRam69
Professional
Default RE: Help Plz!!

t3k,

This isnt exactly the place for this so I appologize in advance and unfortunately I cant answer your question regarding the CD exchange but........I (the dealership) changed my stock 6 disc cd changer/serius sat. out of my '06 for the nav unit.

My point is I have the stock unit just sitting in a box (with the bezel etc.) if your interested.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:41 PM
carcrz
Rookie
Default RE: Help Plz!!

you should be able to go to any car audio store & they will sell you the correct installation kit, wiring harness, & antenna adapter (if needed). By buying the new one first, you can see where the holes are on the new truck so you know where the radio is currently fixed into. Hope that helps. If all else fails, buy the wiring harness & do that yourself (it's color coded or at least labled - EASY) & pay the installer a few bucks to do the rest in a few minutes.