3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AEM CAI... my experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 03:48 PM
cbrewer954
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM CAI... my experience

I recently got an AEM BruteForce cold air intake system for my '03 Hemi Ram 1500. I installed it on Saturday morning and I love it. It took me roughly 2 hours to do the job from start to finish. It removed so much junk from the engine compartment it's amazing. I didn't realize how much space the stock airbox took up. If I now ever need to change the sparkplug wires, I can do it without removing anything. The stock stuff completely covered them up.

I took it out for a good drive and just love my truck even more now. What impresses me now is amazing roar the intake makes when I get on the throttle. My neighbor even got a kick out of it. Awesome sound. I also noticed the truck is a bit peppier. It definitely likes the cooler air and the increased amount of air it's getting. I'm very pleased with the difference it has made.

As for the installation, it went very smoothly. Myself, I'm not a mechanic and I'm lucky if I change the oil myself. When I started the project, I was ground zero without any knowledge of what I was doing. Even my wife was telling me not to break my truck. The instruction manual that was provided was extremely easy to understand. My neighbor and I both agreed the step by step instructions with a picture of each step made it extremely easy for me to install. The manual was very detailed. Each step had a great photograph so I new exactly what each component should look like when installed. Best instruction manual I've ever had to work with. Is stated earlier, it only took me about 2 hours to do the complete job. That's including a couple of delays from my 3 year old. It took me longer to remove all the stock components than it did to install the new intake.
One more point to mention, the air filter is the dryflow filter. Which in turn means you Never have to oil it. Which also means no oil can ever travel through the intake and muck your engine up. Cleaning it should be a walk in the park.

As for anybody else interested in doing this, I highly recommend it. Anyone with a screwdriver and a few wrenches can tackle this without any problem.

I'm extremely pleased with it and have even noticed an increase in my MPG!

Old 06-23-2006, 04:32 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: AEM CAI... my experience

Looks good. Now you've got to clean up the engine bay to match that nice shiny tube!!

Old 06-23-2006, 04:38 PM
cbrewer954
Professional

yeah, yeah... too much time in the mud during the rainy season.. one of these days I'll get to it.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:51 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

fixed the image links...

Old 06-23-2006, 06:13 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

How do you like the way it makes your truck perform? Ive been looking at this one for a while now, Have you noticed any noticable gains in HP, Torque, MPG? And hows the cleaning on it and where can you get the solution to clean it? can you buy it at a local parts store or do you have to order it from AEM?

Old 06-24-2006, 03:38 AM
cbrewer954
Professional

The truck feels a touch more peppy... mpg went up 1-2 that i've noticed so far. Enough to make me happy. As for cleaning, they're web site says around 30k miles. So I haven't had to go through it yet.. Should be pretty easy though.

Quick Reply: AEM CAI... my experience